[SOLVED] User Ranking + Profile Book

14 years 1 month ago #126456 by davestrand
[SOLVED] User Ranking + Profile Book was created by davestrand
Hello!

I'm so happy with Community Builder, but I've been banging my head against the keyboard looking for the right patch, plugin, or code fix to get the following to work.

I would like the Profile Book Rating System to allow users to rate each other (Displayed on their profile). It's working, kind of...

But if a user gets a bad rating, they can just go back in their Profile Book and delete that entry. Can I make it so that the user can't delete their own Profile Book entries, but the Admin or Author can?

Also, it's a problem for us that users are allowed to disable profile book entries in their User Options section. It's a problem because they can just sift thru their Profile Book and only publish positive ratings, and kind comments. :)

--Can I make it so that all users Enable and Auto Publish Profile Entries?--

Enable Profile Entries: Yes No
Auto Publish: Yes No

Anyhow, thanks much.
-Dave

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/12 20:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126651 by krileon

But if a user gets a bad rating, they can just go back in their Profile Book and delete that entry. Can I make it so that the user can't delete their own Profile Book entries, but the Admin or Author can?

Unfortunately no, the best approach is to disable the rating system used in ProfileBook; then become a document subscriber for the Rating Fieldtype plugin, which will allow you to place a rating field on users profiles. As is a user could as you've said just delete the entry and thus result in deleted rating.

--Can I make it so that all users Enable and Auto Publish Profile Entries?--

These are user configured parameters that a user can change from their edit profile page, there is no admin override for them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126673 by davestrand
:( Bummer.

Tried the plugin you referred me to. Didn't seem to pull off what I was going for. Looks like I'm gunna have to commission my friend to write some custom code.

Thanks for the reply, and the suggestion.

-Dave

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn