problem after cbjuice

13 years 10 months ago #135478 by danycasanova
problem after cbjuice was created by danycasanova
hello,

probably not the right place to post it but i need some help. i've had cb 1.2.1 working wonderfully for a long time. i wanted to bulk edit one field for all users and i used cbjuice. after opening the csv file and doing the changes i processed the changes. this has messed everything up for me :(

in the joomla backend, cb user management, the NAME for each user is shown as (name + 2nd last name) when it used to be name + 1st lastname (middle name) + 2nd lastname. In Spain we have two last names that's why i had it like this. the jos_users tables has a "name" column but of course the "name", "middlename" and "lastname" columns are on jos_comprofiler. i'm having a hard time understanding how the jos_users and jos_comprofiler tables work together. i am no expert but i had it working great for the longest time.

should i delete the jos_users table and create it again?

in backend:

1) list of users, user 1 is Juan Trejo
2) profile edit screen in the backend with user info, is Juan Reyes Trejo.

hope someone can help me,
Danny

Post edited by: danycasanova, at: 2010/06/12 14:56
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135616 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem after cbjuice
We didn't develop CB Juice. CB Juice is also an Export/Import utility. It shouldn't have been used in the manner that you have used it. If you wanted to bulk edit users you should've simply done this by editing them within your database or 1 by 1 via User Management. Try cant try running CB tools to fix your users, but more then likely you'll need to manually fix each user that messed up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn