Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab

12 years 7 months ago #172485 by premierepc
Replied by premierepc on topic Re: Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab
I am really having an issue with this, totally my lack of skill. I have tried inserting the following code but the thing breaks, my syntax is very wrong and I am way outside my element. Just want the Forum Link to appear above the table header (user), I put up a photo of what I was trying to do and I apologize for all the back and forth, I thought I could handle a simple line of code. :dry:

$return					=	$tabs->startTab( 'tabForums', htmlspecialchars( CBTxt::T( 'Forums' ) ), $pane_id )
								.	'<div class="gjForums">'
								.		'<form action="' . $form_url . '" method="post" name="gjForm_forum" id="gjForm_forum" class="gjForm">'
								.			'<div class="gjMain">'
								.				'<div class="gjMainTitle">'
								.					( $display_paging && $display_limitbox ? '<div class="gjMainTitleDisplay">' . $pageNav->getLimitBox() . '</div>' : null )
								.					( $display_search ? '<div class="gjMainTitleSearch">' . $pageNav->search . '</div>' : null )
								.					( $getMenu )		
								.					'<div class="gjClr"></div>'
								.					'<div class="gjMainTitleHead">'
								.						'<div class="gjMainTitleHeadLogo">'
								.							CBTxt::Th( 'User' )
								.						'</div>'
								.						'<div class="gjMainTitleHeadInfo">'
								.							CBTxt::Th( 'Subject' )
								.						'</div>'
								.						'<div class="gjMainTitleHeadMenu">'
								.							CBTxt::Th( 'Date' )
								.						'</div>'
								.						'<div class="gjClr"></div>'
								.					'</div>'
								.				'</div>';
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #172559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab
You'll want to add your code directly after '<div class="gjForums">'. Just review the existing syntax closely and follow its flow. You could even copy and paste the period and the code then change the code inside of the single quotes supplying whatever HTML you want. To display the link just call the getMenu function. Example as follows.
.		$this->getMenu( $row, $user, $plugin )

I can't stress this enough, if designing websites is in your future you need to learn web development. Below is some great tutorials to get you started with HTML and PHP. In addition below is a link to the IDE I use, which is 100% free.

PHP: www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp
HTML: www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
IDE: netbeans.org/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #173086 by Brittany
Replied by Brittany on topic Re: Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab
I didnt get is there any link we can or how can we do??? can u guys explain little more .............

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #173145 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab
You're not a subscriber so you've no access to GJ 2.x at all. At any rate the groups menu seen when viewing a group as a link directly to a groups forum.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn