Restricted Group functions and create users.

12 years 7 months ago #176015 by sjonni82
Hello we have a project that might be suitable for GroupJive and we would like some input if our requirements are compatible with it.
  1. There is only one super admin that can create groups, he can also create users.
  2. The super user can give each group a admin.
  3. The group admin can create users for his group.
  4. Users can not create themselfs, they must be created by the super admin or the group admin.

Is it possible to implement this wiht GroupJive? Please let me know if you need additional info.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176041 by krileon

There is only one super admin that can create groups, he can also create users.

Group creation can be limited globally or category based to specific usergroups, very doable.

The super user can give each group a admin.

Groups have the following usertypes:

Owner
Active
Inactive (needs approval)
Banned

The group admin can create users for his group.

Forcing users to groups can only be done from backend, sorry. Those admins could "invite" users to join a group however, but is purely optional.

Users can not create themselfs, they must be created by the super admin or the group admin.

Suppose you could set all groups to "Invite" type requiring them to be invited into a group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176061 by sjonni82
Thanks for your answer.
We must force the users to a group. Maybe i could create some custom form for the admin that inserts a user to his group.

12 years 7 months ago #176064 by krileon
Not likely, there is code in place to prevent phishing, spam, or unauthorized addition of users. You'll need a new integration that uses GJ API to add users correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176403 by sjonni82
We misunderstood the requirements.
Now there are only 1 user for each company, each one of them has a list of names that belongs to his company.
There can also be independant users, they have no list of names.
Could this be implemented with your system?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176451 by krileon
GroupJive is groups similar to groups seen on Facebook, MySpace, and many other social sites. It's nothing beyond that. It can be customized in the way that names can be changed so for example "Groups" can be renamed to "Companies" and have the same group like features, but different subject. If this is what you're needing it'll certainly fit the bill. You may want to review other social sites to grasp what GJ would be like. You can also try it out at our demo site below.

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/cb-groupjive

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn