Something wierd with Groupjive & Kunena . . .

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176717 by glassparman
I just upgraded Kunena to the latest version of 1.7.0

Now, whenever one of the groups in groupjive is changed in the backend such as open to invite or just clicking the save in that area, the Kunena forum for that group gets orphaned.

It seems like when pictures are uploaded on the front end it does it sometimes as well. I keep having to go back into Kunena and set the parent for that forum category.

Uploading of pictures on the front end does not alwasy cause this but saving the group in the backend does!

I'm have the following:

Joomla 1.7.0
Kunena 1.7.0
CB 1.7
Groupjive 2.3

Anyone else seen strange things going on????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176900 by krileon
GJ 2.3 is not rated for K1.7, but only for K1.6. GJ 2.4 is designed on K1.7 and shouldn't have any such issues. Currently GJ 2.4 RC2 is available for professional subscribers. Regardless the code is very similar and could indicate a problem with your GJ configuration. You need to create a forum category for GJ forums and select that category from GJs configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176910 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Re: Something wierd with Groupjive & Kunena . . .
krileon, thanks. I had all the categories working good. Everything has been perfect until I ugraded the Kunena then it all went haywire. I also had to disable picture upload in Kunena because it was causing the same problem.

I'm trying to get an answer from the Kunena folks right now on how to back down from K1.7 to the K1.6.5 that I was at before.

Michael

12 years 6 months ago #177154 by krileon
I think you just install K1.6.5 and then navigate to Kunena backend and it'll ask if you want to downgrade. Make a backup before you do this though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #177180 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Re: Something wierd with Groupjive & Kunena . . .
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Nobody over at Kunena seems to want to respond to my post so I guess I'm on my own.

As soon as you guys get the latest Groupjive released, I'll upgrade.

Thanks again by the way for all the great work on Groupjive . . . I've used it since the old days and it is an awesome improvement.

Michael

12 years 6 months ago #177299 by glassparman
I downgraded Kunena, a process that goes quite well, to K1.6.5 but I still have the same problem.

Whenever I "save" a group in Groupjive, it orphans the associated forum category in Kunena.

Do you think I need to downgrade one more level to K1.6.4 or would you like to look into the issue?

thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn