Something wierd with Groupjive & Kunena . . .

12 years 7 months ago #177333 by krileon
What do you mean it orphans the category? Don't understand what is happening. Could you please provide a screenshot or something of the sort? The forums should be created as follows.

Groups (the category you specify in configuration)
- Category Forum
-- Group Forum

Group forums will always be inside of the Categories forums. It does not work the same as 1.8 where all group forums were thrown into 1 giant category.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177347 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Re: Something wierd with Groupjive & Kunena . . .

OH, that may be the problem. I set it up the way I did with the old versions. One category (section) and all the groupjive forums are under that category.

So whenever I make a save in a groupjive group, the forum for that group shows as orphaned in Kunena. Then I have to go into that specific category and set it back to being under the correct section.

so are you saying that there needs to be a hidden category (section) for each groupjive forum? I've attached a screen shot with my configuration showing the orphaned forum. It should be under the section called "Glasspar Groups". Easy to put it back but I have to keep doing it.

Thanks,
Michael
Attachments:

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177433 by krileon
Delete all your group forums, create a top-level category for all your groups forums, navigate to GJ configuration and select that top-level category in the forum integration, then run GJ tools. There should be a "Fix All" link next to the error that'll restore all the groups forums in the correct layout.

Attached is how it should look for example (notice in my example my top-level isn't a section, but it can be.. it's up to you).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn