[SOLVED] Front End - No Create Group

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #182462 by sonicfog
[SOLVED] Front End - No Create Group was created by sonicfog
My front end users cannot create a group. There is no link to do so. There is a link to create a New Category, which I really don't want on the front end. But I would like my front end, registered users to be able to create groups within the categories I've setup.

What do I need to do to my configuration to have a link to Create A Group available to my front end registered users?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #182805 by kjspring
Replied by kjspring on topic Re: Front End - No Create Group
I am having this same problem. I can only get site admins to create a new group within a category but registered users cannot.

I went to CB >> Plugins >> groupjive >> config >> groups and set create access to "All Registered Users" but they still can't create their own groups.

I am using Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.7.1 and Groupjive 2.4

12 years 4 months ago #182806 by sonicfog
Replied by sonicfog on topic Re: Front End - No Create Group
Yep, I did figure this out the other night by going through each step of the configuration. All of those tabs and sub-tabs. Also, make sure the plugin is published. I can't remember exactly what tab and sub-tab it was, but once I found it I was like, duh. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

12 years 4 months ago #182807 by kjspring
Replied by kjspring on topic Re: Front End - No Create Group
Yea, it was a duh thing. Even though I have allow group creation in the configuration, I found that group creation was turned off in the "Create Catagory" page in the back-end. Going down to "Create" there is a drop-down box. So I set it to enable.

12 years 4 months ago #183019 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Front End - No Create Group

I found that group creation was turned off in the "Create Catagory" page in the back-end. Going down to "Create" there is a drop-down box. So I set it to enable.

This is actually a bug fixed for GJ 2.5 release. It's cosmetic however and setting it to Enabled will fix the issue, but when you re-edit the category it'll be Disabled again so just ensure if you re-edit you re-set it to Enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #184228 by andy_blanc
Replied by andy_blanc on topic Re: Front End - No Create Group
Hi, sorry i must be missing something here...

I have the same problem although with group and category creation enabled I still only get category creation on the front-end.

I can't see a config page called "create category". Under Groups/General/Create I have that set to enabled but no link on the front-end.

Any suggestions?

Andy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn