[SOLVED] Groupjive with Kunena forums which versions to use

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #182575 by ciarandebuitlear
I have been trying to get this working for a few days now with no success. Can someone please help me? I am prepared to start from scratch and re-install everything. I presume that I start from a fresh install of CB 1.7.1 - is that right? After that can someone please tell me tell me which versions of Groupjive and Kunena I need to install and how to get the forum functionality working in groupjive? I guess is it easy if you know how
:-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182578 by nant
CB 1.7.1
GJ 1.4
Kunena 1.7.0 (I believe this is the latest)

You need to create a new category that needs to be configured in GroupJive so it can automatically create new sub-categories for each group forum.

12 years 5 months ago #182582 by ciarandebuitlear
Replied by ciarandebuitlear on topic Re: Groupjive with Kunena forums which versions to use
Thanks for the quick respones. I know how to create a new category ( this is in Kunena I presume). Can I just ask how do I configure this in groupjive so it can automatically create new sub-categories for each group forum?

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182588 by nant

ciarandebuitlear wrote: Thanks for the quick respones. I know how to create a new category ( this is in Kunena I presume). Can I just ask how do I configure this in groupjive so it can automatically create new sub-categories for each group forum?

If you have installed and published the CB Admin Navigation module (see FREE downloads) you have an extra GroupJive dropdown menu in backend (if you don't, you will have to visit the CB GroupJive plugin area from the CB Plugin manager to get to groupjive areas)

GroupJive -> Configuration -> Integrations -> Forum => General tab

Just configure the Category drop-down parameter to select the Kunena category that is to be used for sub-forum area category creations.

Then save.

If you now create a new group in frontend then a new sub category is created for this group.

12 years 5 months ago #182593 by ciarandebuitlear
Replied by ciarandebuitlear on topic Re: Groupjive with Kunena forums which versions to use
Thanks for that clear explanation Nick. I will try that this evening.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn