[SOLVED] auto groupjive

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #186669 by deepmill
[SOLVED] auto groupjive was created by deepmill
ok I don't get it.
I thought I could get it to generate a field in the registration form to get the member to choose a group to auto join, but I couldn't figure it.
so I added a new field asking them to select which branch they belong - this i sok, but I want this so I could auto join them to one of the fixed groups I've defined. but I just don't get all those triggers...onBeforeUserProfileEditDisplay,onStartSaveUserRegistration.. etc... then the conditional !?!?
help? nothin in the user guide on how to user this...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #186677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: auto groupjive

I thought I could get it to generate a field in the registration form to get the member to choose a group to auto join, but I couldn't figure it.

You can, just navigate to CB > Field Management and create a new field of the type "Auto Join".

so I added a new field asking them to select which branch they belong - this i sok, but I want this so I could auto join them to one of the fixed groups I've defined. but I just don't get all those triggers...onBeforeUserProfileEditDisplay,onStartSaveUserRegistration.. etc... then the conditional !?!?
help? nothin in the user guide on how to user this...

That's more advanced then using the auto join field. I don't recommend this approach if you've no experience with triggers or substitution usage. If you'd like to learn more on triggers and substitutions then please see the below. Please note the drop-down next to triggers makes it easy for you to quickly select where you want the auto join to take affect. Please also read the notes to the right of every input as they explain what the input does.

Trigger information: www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers
Substitution information: www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Conditions support substitutions so you could do "[username] Equal To Bob" for example. This would mean the users username must be Bob for the auto to take place.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepmill

12 years 3 months ago #186687 by deepmill
Replied by deepmill on topic Re: auto groupjive
excellment - got it.
thanks for the quick reply

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn