whishlist for groupjive

12 years 2 months ago #188732 by crony
whishlist for groupjive was created by crony
Hello,

I suggest a way to organise files uploaded into folders/subfolders (ideally with drag'n'drop?)

I also would love to be able to previsualise the files using the google viewer, a Joomla! plugin already exists :
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-display/documents-cloud-based/11368

The main problem with it actually, is that the toolbar can't be customised (crossdomain CSS security problem).
So I guess it should be added using API.
code.google.com/apis/books/docs/viewer/developers_guide.html

Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3
The following user(s) said Thank You: djacouma

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #188735 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: whishlist for groupjive
Folders is a possibility, but everything else is pretty much not going to happen unless implemented by third party. Folders however would be something for after CB 2.0. My current stance on Google APIs is they change and depreciate too often. It's not uncommon for them to discontinue a project after years of investment into it, which cause many problems for me. So for now my only interest is Google+ APIs (which doesn't have anything to do with file integration).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crony

12 years 1 month ago #191359 by nikomed
Replied by nikomed on topic Re: whishlist for groupjive
A very important thing : display groups activities in module

just add in the groupjive module the posibility to display groups activities like :

- user1 just write on the wall of group1 (with libk to the group for each activity)

- user 2 upload a photo in group 3

- user5 just join the group 3

- user 6 post a video in group 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: djacouma

12 years 1 month ago #191470 by krileon

nikomed wrote: A very important thing : display groups activities in module

just add in the groupjive module the posibility to display groups activities like :

- user1 just write on the wall of group1 (with libk to the group for each activity)

- user 2 upload a photo in group 3

- user5 just join the group 3

- user 6 post a video in group 4

Activity logging will be added after release of CB 2.0 where the API to have such a thing will be available. It's definitely something I'd like to implement.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #196114 by Blastasaurus
Replied by Blastasaurus on topic Re: whishlist for groupjive
Here's a suggestion that's been repeated over the years. I thought i'd bump it. How about a league/ladder/leaderboard for groups. A lot of people have asked for it in the past. I myself have been waiting for years.

It seems to me that with the explosion of gaming site recently, you would open up GroupJive to a whole new market. Gamers are crying out for decent clan tools and would pay for GroupJive in a second if it included a few basic features. It also occurs to me that with all the fine work you guys have put into GroupJive lately, it wouldn't take much to intergrate this little extra functionality that would redefine GroupJive.

All you'd need to add for a league would be;
  1. Ability to create lists of groups in Joomla (instead of just users).
  2. A ranking system or way of allocating points to groups (or maybe intergration of groups into AlphaUserPoints) so that these lists can be ordered appropriately.
  3. The ability to join public events as a group or issue a challenge on a leaderboard (list)

Creating a clan match option would be even easier. You'd just need an option for one group to challenge another, creating a mutual event. Then to display the result between to the two groups. The admin for the site could allocate the winner.

Just putting it out there but i hope you guys consider putting some time into a project such as this. Not just for my sake but for yours. GroupJive would be a much more attractive option for a lot of your potential customers out there. Advanced memberships would increase ten fold.

11 years 11 months ago #196153 by krileon

A lot of people have asked for it in the past. I myself have been waiting for years.

Truthfully my problem with this statement is why are you waiting for me to supply it? There are hundreds if not thousands of able programmers for hire (see joomlancers) that could quite easily implement this into GJ 2.5 with just a little knowledge of CB trigger usage or good review of existing integrations. I don't have the time, resources, or energy for that matter to implement anything and everything people want; always keep in perspective that I am 1 man, lol.

Ability to create lists of groups in Joomla (instead of just users).

You can do this already using a CB Userlist and applying an Advanced filter that filters users out based off GroupJive group.

A ranking system or way of allocating points to groups (or maybe intergration of groups into AlphaUserPoints) so that these lists can be ordered appropriately.

This could be done with a new integration, but there's likely workarounds that could be created to supply such a thing.

The ability to join public events as a group or issue a challenge on a leaderboard (list)

Public/Anonymous activity and Commenting is planned for a future release, which would allow for this.

Currently I've no plans to implement such a feature, but absolutely will keep it in mind for future releases. Unfortunately it is just far too specific to warrant the development time. GJ and all our products for that matter must cover a broad range of usages and developing an integration for clan specific usage is just far too specific. If more people come forward and want to sponsor such a feature it could all be done with a single integration plugin and if you and many others want to fund its development you're welcome to do so.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn