whishlist for groupjive

11 years 8 months ago #207025 by crony
Replied by crony on topic Re: whishlist for groupjive
Hello Krileon,

I thought you may consider subfolders after release of CB 2.0.
As it should be around in a couple of months, I thought I could proceed for this feature that you've just rejected. :(

As there's no 2.5.4 GJ planned at the moment, I also thought that you would think of a new release after CB 2.0.

Anyway, even if it's not for now, may I ask for this feature again in a couple of months ? (and might be accepted one day ? :) )

Thanks

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #207198 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: whishlist for groupjive
Your request was rejected, because only team members are permitted to create tickets. We don't want users adding tickets without permission and cluttering our system.

As for your request it's already planned for after GJ becomes a part of CB 2.0 core. Photos will also get folders, commenting will be added, share links, like links, etc.. a lot planned that's not publicly announced as it's still early concept ideas.

Added new tickets to show some planned features.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crony

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #207208 by crony
Replied by crony on topic Re: whishlist for groupjive
Ok, sorry for posting there, I didn't know.
GJ into core of CB 2 ? Sounds great !
Just a bit worry about migrating datas from GJ 2.5.3 / CB 1.8.2 to CB 2...

Maybe I also should not use at all the native "CB relations between" that exists ?

EDIT :
I also saw on your feature list of GJ:
"Depreciate usergroup usage in favor of accesslevel usage"

Access level could be great for some usage, but I hope usergroups will be usable as well.
If not, well, I don't know how I could do...

I actually assign a GJ group automatically based on a usergroup name.
So the access level is based on Group Access (parameter from GJ).
If I had only the access level I could not be abble to affect this GJ group to J! goup.
I guess it's a bit far to talk about that now, just to let you know how I use GJ actually.

Thanks

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

11 years 8 months ago #207284 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: whishlist for groupjive

Just a bit worry about migrating datas from GJ 2.5.3 / CB 1.8.2 to CB 2...

CB 2.x will be a migration and not an upgrade. We'll have migration scripts to migrate up to date CB 1.x releases to CB 2.x. Maybe not on initial release of CB 2.x beta, but we'll see. I can't really give specifics.

Maybe I also should not use at all the native "CB relations between" that exists ?

You can use the latest versions up to release of CB 2.0. I certainly wouldn't hold back your site for the sake of waiting for CB 2.0. While we have a goal of a Beta by end of year; it is planned to be an extremely basic beta to test core stability and will lack probably a lot of initial features as we add them gradually. GJ won't be in CB 2.x initial release, but after as I have to completely rewrite it with CB 2.x API and move it to the core.

Access level could be great for some usage, but I hope usergroups will be usable as well.
If not, well, I don't know how I could do...

Usergroups don't have a purpose in controlling views. That's not what they're for. Usergroups are for Permission controls and not access controls. With J2.5 you can create as many accesslevels you want with any combination of usergroups as you want so the possibilities are quite limitless. If you wanted it still usergroup based then you'd just create 1 accesslevel for each usergroup.

I actually assign a GJ group automatically based on a usergroup name.

That'll still work fine.

So the access level is based on Group Access (parameter from GJ).

It just means for the groups access instead of selecting Administrator for example you'd select Special.

If I had only the access level I could not be abble to affect this GJ group to J! goup.

Your usage should still work fine. Again, accesslevels can be added to J2.5 up to an unlimited amount. So you've no limitations. They're also dynamically assigned to users making them significantly more attractive for access control (as they are intended, usergroups is for permissions).

I guess it's a bit far to talk about that now, just to let you know how I use GJ actually.

I'll have a lot of work to do and will release a beta of course for feedback.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn