[SOLVED] Single Group wall displayed in a module

12 years 1 month ago #192617 by tentortoise
Replied by tentortoise on topic Re: Single Group thread displayed in a module
Thank you Krileon,

GroupJive and CB work quite nicely on my site without Kunena. Kunena causes my site to crash to the degree that I am locked out of both the front end and back end of my Joomla 2.5 site. This is a separate issue I do not wish to confuse this thread with.

GroupJive is delightful, I simply need to post on my home page one specific group wall. I have tried to figure out how this might be done but without success. I can not make the menu link for GJ into my home page. I do not need a forum, but simply the capabilities GJ has to offer.

Having spent a great deal of time with GJ I understand it is the Wall for one group I wish to highlight. I apologize for lacking the nomenclature in my first request.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #192657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Single Group thread displayed in a module

Kunena causes my site to crash to the degree that I am locked out of both the front end and back end of my Joomla 2.5 site.

If you could please post more details about this issue to Kunenas forums would be appreciated. I've let Matias know there could be a problem and have given him this thread URL.

GroupJive is delightful, I simply need to post on my home page one specific group wall. I have tried to figure out how this might be done but without success. I can not make the menu link for GJ into my home page. I do not need a forum, but simply the capabilities GJ has to offer.

Having spent a great deal of time with GJ I understand it is the Wall for one group I wish to highlight. I apologize for lacking the nomenclature in my first request.

If I understand correctly you want to take the Wall posts of 1 group (or all groups?) and display them in a module on the homepage. If that's what you're wanting then no GJ doesn't offer anything of the such. I'm reviewing ways of adding integration support to the current module and maybe able to squeeze such a feature in with next release (GJ 2.5 Stable).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #192682 by tentortoise
I will indeed post in the Kunena Forum. If I can get Kunena Discuss operational it will work for my client.

Yes you are correct. I wish to be able to display the Wall posts from a single group in a module on the homepage.
My deep thanks to you for considering it for the GJ 2.5 stable release.

12 years 1 month ago #192692 by krileon

Yes you are correct. I wish to be able to display the Wall posts from a single group in a module on the homepage.

Ok, then you'll have that with GJ 2.5 stable. Actually already implemented and tested working for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #192699 by tentortoise
Astounding, you are quick! As a final question, do you have a sense of when GJ 2.5 might be released? Should I mark the thread solved?

12 years 1 month ago #192722 by krileon

Astounding, you are quick! As a final question, do you have a sense of when GJ 2.5 might be released?

Trying to have stable released by the end of this week.

Should I mark the thread solved?

Can if you'd like to.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: tentortoise, jaume_teixido

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn