[SOLVED] Personalizing Notifications (more than translate)?

12 years 4 weeks ago #196164 by jaume_teixido
Replied by jaume_teixido on topic Re: Personalizing Notifications (more than translate)?
I'm trying to do something like this attach
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 weeks ago #196165 by krileon
That's fine, but you need to use language strings to change the email subject and body. I don't recommend changing them in source.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 weeks ago #196167 by jaume_teixido
Replied by jaume_teixido on topic Re: Personalizing Notifications (more than translate)?
ok... just now I trying go faster...
but the problem with charset will be the same, no?

12 years 4 weeks ago #196201 by krileon
No idea, seams to be working fine here. Ensure your install is using valid UTF8.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196401 by jaume_teixido
Krileon,

really?
catalan use the same charset as french and spanish, have you traied to configure any message with "à í è ç ...." ?

12 years 3 weeks ago #196474 by krileon
Yes, it works fine here. The image you provided the body also appears to be displaying perfectly fine. There are also several GJ language plugins below that work fine.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-gj

Below is a screenshot of a group join notification with valid UTF8 characters.

It's possible your hosts mailserver may not be using UTF8 as its charset. You'll need to check the full header of the email to see what charset it was received in.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn