couple config questions - events & messages

11 years 11 months ago #197537 by vptechnology
couple config questions - events & messages was created by vptechnology
Hi. Sorry if it's been answered already but I am curious about:

1. Wysiwyg editor on New Event in any group's event tab. When a regular registered joomla user creates an event, the wysiwyg editor doesn't show but when I am (super admin) create one it does. I do have Editor set to Wysiwyg in Integrations->Events->Schedule.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to enable to have wysiwyg for all users?

2. When a member of the group sends email to other members via 'Message Users' link on the left side, the email goes out with From address set to user's email.

Is there anyway to change that to be another one, like global joomla's From email setting? Also, is there a way to customize the subject of that email?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #197589 by krileon

1. Wysiwyg editor on New Event in any group's event tab. When a regular registered joomla user creates an event, the wysiwyg editor doesn't show but when I am (super admin) create one it does. I do have Editor set to Wysiwyg in Integrations->Events->Schedule.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to enable to have wysiwyg for all users?

Sounds like a permissions problem with your editor. Are you using JCE? If so you need to configure it as necessary in backend. Please also keep in mind individual users can have different editors via the Params field (edit a user from backend and see if it's anything, but Default). Also ensure the editor plugin within Joomla > Extensions > Plugin Manager is public.

2. When a member of the group sends email to other members via 'Message Users' link on the left side, the email goes out with From address set to user's email.

Is there anyway to change that to be another one, like global joomla's From email setting? Also, is there a way to customize the subject of that email?

Nope, it's hardcoded to send from the user. You'd need to edit source code to change what email address it sends from, which I can't help you with as we don't support core edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #197693 by vptechnology
Replied by vptechnology on topic Re: couple config questions - events & messages
Thanks Kyle. Much appreciated. For #1, you were absolutely right. JCE was not enabled for Registered group. Thanks for the pointer.

For #2, I take it you don't have any plans in the near term to add configurable Subject and From address to the group's config, right.

11 years 11 months ago #197769 by krileon

For #2, I take it you don't have any plans in the near term to add configurable Subject and From address to the group's config, right.

Not likely. Doesn't seam necessary as it's meant to be sent from the one sending the message.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #197778 by vptechnology
Replied by vptechnology on topic Re: couple config questions - events & messages
Hi Kyle. Thanks. Even though it's meant to go from that person, here's a very concrete problem that happens (not all the time but to several of our users). User 'user@hiscompany.com' sends the email to the group. The email actually goes out from 'myadmin@mywebsite.com' which makes the From address/domain in the header different than the actual server domain address that mailed it. @hiscompany does not have any SPF records to designate @mywebsite as the valid sender on behalf of that user. That causes some issues with Spam blockers, particularly with our corporate clients whose email servers think it's spam.

It would be nice to have From address match the actual sender domain name and maybe have the first line of the email say "User ABC has sent you an email via .....". Maybe a future feature. A customizable subject would be huge too as we have a number of groups and they all have the main Joomla title instead of specific group name.

Thanks anyway. Great work guys.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn