Invite mail to users with different languages

12 years 4 days ago #197692 by waxweazle13
When a group-owner sends out an invite to a user the mail is sended in the language preffered by the group-owner? Shouldn't this be sended in the user prefered language?

Site default = Dutch
User frontpage = default
Group-owner frontpage = English
Result = english invite mail

CB GroupJive 2.5.1
CB 1.8

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 days ago #197768 by krileon
It's sent from the owner so it'll send in the owners language. I suppose you could edit the source code and set it to send from system then it'd send from the sites default language.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #198181 by waxweazle13
Replied by waxweazle13 on topic Re: Invite mail to users with different languages
Ok, got it. I understand now why this technically happens, personally i don't think it's very logical to receive an invite by another person's preferred language (that's why users set there own language).

I don't think i'm that skilled to know what code to edit to accomplish this. Perhaps a feature request?

Anyway thank you for the answer.

11 years 11 months ago #198210 by krileon

Ok, got it. I understand now why this technically happens, personally i don't think it's very logical to receive an invite by another person's preferred language (that's why users set there own language).

Hmm, I see it as perfectly logical actually. The chances of you inviting someone native to the language you speak and read is very high. It would seam odd to speak French and send an invite to someone in Spanish for example.

I don't think i'm that skilled to know what code to edit to accomplish this. Perhaps a feature request?

Sending in a language other then the language of who it's sent from isn't possible right now. It's likely something like this can be done with CB 2.0, but currently it'll always use the language of the person it is sent from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn