Changing invitation email text

11 years 9 months ago #203438 by flocktree
Changing invitation email text was created by flocktree
Hi,

I tried changing the text in language.php in components/com_profiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveen-gb but the invitation email did not change.

I then tried changing the text in component.cbgroupjive.php in components/com_profiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive and the change worked.

How can the language be amended to make this change rather than changing core code?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #204222 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Changing invitation email text
Please be more specific, what string are you wanting to change exactly? Everything should be translatable/changeable using the language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #204572 by flocktree
Replied by flocktree on topic Re: Changing invitation email text
I want to change this text

'Hello [username], you were invited to join [group] in [category]. Click [invite_link] to join this [group_override]!'

to this

'Hello [username], you have been invited to join the [group_name] [group_override]. Click [invite_link] to join this [group_override]!'

My question is how can this be done without editing the program file directly.

Thanks,

Mark.

11 years 9 months ago #204605 by krileon
Ensure the English language plugin has been installed then locate the language string and translate it to whatever you want. If your website is multilingual though you'll probably need to create language plugins for those other languages as well or add the string to your cbteamsplugin file of your default CB language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #204655 by flocktree
Replied by flocktree on topic Re: Changing invitation email text
Hi,

Sorry but locate the language string where? In a file or somewhere in the administrator backend?

Thanks,

Mark.

11 years 9 months ago #204705 by krileon
All of GJ language strings can be located in the below language file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveen-gb/

For GJ 2.5.3rc1 this string is located in languages.php on line 336.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: flocktree

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn