[SOLVED] Fatal error after upgrading to 2.5

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #207323 by vptechnology
[SOLVED] Fatal error after upgrading to 2.5 was created by vptechnology
Hi all. We just upgraded our Joomla instance from 1.5 to 2.5.6 and along with it did the CB & GroupJive with all the plugins. (CB 1.8.1; GJ 2.5.2). The admin interface seems to work fine and picks up all of the data but when we go to our groups via front end, we get the following:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in ..../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveabout/cbgroupjiveabout.php on line 324

Disabling cbgroupjiveabout plugin simply causes the error to show up in another GJ plugin. We probably missed something somewhere but can't think of it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

- Alexey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #207388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fatal error after upgrading to 2.5
GJ 2.5.3rc1 is released, please upgrade to it. If you had GJ 1.8 installed prior to install GJ 2.x then please uninstall GJ 2.x then re-install it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #207394 by vptechnology
Replied by vptechnology on topic Re: Fatal error after upgrading to 2.5
Thanks Kyle. What about the data if I uninstall GJ 1.8? Is it still going to be there when I upgrade?

11 years 8 months ago #207397 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fatal error after upgrading to 2.5
You don't need to uninstall GJ 1.8. Having GJ 1.8 CB plugin installed then installing GJ 2.x on top of it causes problems. GJ 1.8 the component it self doesn't conflict (you can remove it though, database remains for migration if needed).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #207404 by vptechnology
Replied by vptechnology on topic Re: Fatal error after upgrading to 2.5
thanks Kyle. Worked like a charm.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn