[SOLVED] How to prevent others invited to delete my group and category

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #225534 by masoud24
I find that when I invite someone to my group, unfortunately he/she can delete my group easily. I want to know is there any configuration to prevent others to delete? just they can see and post not deleting.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #225564 by krileon
No one can delete a group except the Owner, Category Owner, or CB Moderator. A user joining your site can not delete a group and if they can you've configured something wrong (probably setting all usergroups to be moderators within CB > Configuration > Moderation).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #225572 by masoud24

krileon wrote: No one can delete a group except the Owner, Category Owner, or CB Moderator. A user joining your site can not delete a group and if they can you've configured something wrong (probably setting all usergroups to be moderators within CB > Configuration > Moderation).

Thank you for replying.
My users when login through facebook account they will be set as Registered group, and in CB >Configuration >Moderation "Moderation Groups" has current setting "Administrator". what Can I do? I want that my users register into my community and can see group and invitation

10 years 11 months ago #225701 by krileon
They already can see groups and send invites unless all your groups are Invite Only, have Access set to something above Registered, or the Category/Group isn't published. Regular registered users can't delete groups that don't belong to them either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #225743 by masoud24
I've had problem with other invited users could delete the group yet.
I attached the image below , I mean that I one create his own group and invite others, they couldn't affect the group by deleting group. How to eliminate the popup window below "Accept Invite"
Attachments:

10 years 11 months ago #225753 by nant
Please confirm where you got these add-ons from as we cannot see them purchased by your account.

If you have purchased them from some other account please login from there and ask for support.

Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.535 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn