Groupjive vs SuperGroups

10 years 2 weeks ago #109761 by hjames
Krileon, I know your working heavily with Groupjive right now so my questions is probably more towards you since you know its backbone the best.

Why are we using Kunena as a discussion board in Groupjive and not just a simple script to do so? I think that forum integration has been something just handed down and lost sight of the real goal.

To me "I am not speaking for everyone" groups should contain the following:

Discussions - Private from other groups
News - Information specific to the group
Events - Ability to create groups specific events
Activity - Ability to see the latest activities of the group
Communication - Connect/Share/Create Contacts

So... why use Kunena to fill the discussion issue?

Look at this, its commercial which I am not entirely against but I think you may see what I mean about some of these features: www.axxis.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=44

James
10 years 2 weeks ago #109765 by nant
There demo has a problem ...

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /home/sitedar1/public_html/partypeople.gr/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsupergroups/cb_plugin_supergroups.php on line 77
10 years 2 weeks ago #109778 by sunnyjey
I fully agree with hjames,

The group must have:

Discussions - Private from other groups

News - Information specific to the group

Events - Ability to create groups specific events

Activity - Ability to see the latest activities of the group

Communication - Connect/Share/Create Contacts

and also

File Upload- pdf, doc files to share between members

The SuperGroup is much better in comparision with GroupJive.

Nant@ please check now the demo link: www.partypeople.gr/
UserID: User
PW: activity
10 years 2 weeks ago #109791 by nant
looks like they fixed it - much better sales now for them :-)
10 years 2 weeks ago #109800 by Delliana
I agree, Too bad this is the best looking Joomla group system out there- because I can't afford 69 Euros right now- and Community Builder's Groupjive - to put it nicely-is full of errors.
Sorry guys, when I purchased my CB subscription I knew I wasn't purchasing Quality or much Support-It was an Extreme Last Resort. and I have been proven right @ the quality and lack of support again.
10 years 2 weeks ago #109815 by hjames
No real intention to stir the pot against Groupjive as I once was a developer and do like it. I just find that somethings we are focused so heavily on like Forum Integration is really just a waste of time and seems like a heavy integration for nothing....

One thing I will say that I like about both is templating... Groupjive isn't the easiest thing to template and SuperGroups is about the same.

I would really like to see Groupjive succeed and make it to a working, stable Joomla 1.5 component. I just think we should knock out some of the overload.

As for the comment about the CB Subscription being a waste... I highly disagree. First and foremost Community Builder is a free component, module, etc... the hours, days, weeks, months, years invested into it are ridiculous and should be rewarded. Consider your Doc Subscriber status as a donation rather than a FEE for service.

Your alternatives aren't very promising.. JomSocial is $$$ and JoomUnity isn't Stable and the handful of other attempts at a good social networking platform are not really worth mentioning or trying.

Please also consider the fact that Community Builder and its Non-Commercial (This means PAID) integrations, plugins and other extensions are Community Driven. This means that you get out of it what you put in.

James
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn