How to integrate with Kunena?

14 years 6 months ago #114500 by powerpro
How to integrate with Kunena? was created by powerpro
Installed versions :

Joomla 1.5.14
GroupJive 1.8.b5
Kunena 1.5.6

How do I integrate GroupJive with Kunena? I didn't see anything on the Kunena end of things...

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114506 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to integrate with Kunena?
Install the CB GroupJive plugin, go into Kunena, create a category to store group forums (remember the categories ID). Now go to GroupJive configuration and click Integrations tab. Place the category ID in the input box and enable forums. There's a button to update pre-existing groups as well.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/19 14:30

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114526 by powerpro
Replied by powerpro on topic Re:How to integrate with Kunena?
Thank you that worked great.

A couple quick questions...

How much integration is there between these two applications? Is it primarily just the creation of a subforum in the specified forum category?

Can it be set so that a thread is created rather than a subforum? I'm drawing users from another site that got bogged down with too many nested subforums and they'd prefer the set up to be easier.

14 years 6 months ago #114624 by powerpro
Replied by powerpro on topic Re:How to integrate with Kunena?
Help please? :blush:

14 years 6 months ago #114631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to integrate with Kunena?
The integration creates categories (sub categories) within a Kunena forum category. It then gives access to said category based off a user being a part of the group or not. A good method for hiding the container category is to simply set its permissions high or unpublish the container category.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn