the best GJ Package?

14 years 1 month ago #126406 by javajogja
the best GJ Package? was created by javajogja
i want to use GJ on my site. exploring JED, i didnt found GJ listed.

now :
1. is GJ 1.8 native? if no, should i activate legacy plugin before installing?
2. what GJ package for my production site to install? GJ 1.8 RC or Beta 5?

thanks for the suggestion. i'm newbie on joomla.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126497 by javajogja
Replied by javajogja on topic Re:the best GJ Package?
any suggestion please..

could you help me where is the installation instruction?

14 years 1 month ago #126520 by fichier
Replied by fichier on topic Re:the best GJ Package?
it's GJ 1.8 RC.
RC is release candidate.

Post edited by: fichier, at: 2010/03/11 14:34

14 years 1 month ago #126569 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:the best GJ Package?
Along those lines, when I downloaded and installed 1.8 RC, my install still says 1.8 b5. Is the versioning not correct on the 1.8 RC GJ package or is that an indication that there was a problem on the install?

14 years 1 month ago #126648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:the best GJ Package?
Version number is correct, GJ is not native; please note current GJ is considered final, there won't be any further updates. We've re-written GroupJive entirely which is in beta testing (please see news boards for thread to join in on the testing). GJ 2.0 is a CB plugin and no longer a standalone component, it does feature a migrater in order to migrate data from GJ 1.8 to 2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn