[SOLVED] Group Calendars Possible?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #154523 by mikewill
[SOLVED] Group Calendars Possible? was created by mikewill
I need to build a community site for my church that includes creating groups with access and control over their own calendars. They need to plan schedules for their individual committee groups, and have those committee members receive reminder notices for their scheduled volunteering shifts.
Is this possible? Right now I'm using JEvents. Am I able to integrate this, or do I need another calendar system?
Would I be better off with JomSocial?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #154626 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group Calendars Possible?
Not sure what this has to do with CBSubs; thread moved to GroupJive boards, but CB nor GroupJive provide event scheduling. Extensions such as jEvents or Eventlist are perfectly acceptable. GroupJive can provide the Group based usage.

With release of GJ 2.0 (on or before 28th this month we hope) it's possible to create Events within Groups. So basically with GJ 2.0 (not yet released!) you'll be able to have what you're wanting (no calendar is provided though).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #154630 by mikewill
Replied by mikewill on topic Re: Group Calendars Possible?
I don't see a pre-sales question area, so I posted where I thought it would be appropriate. Thanks for moving the thread. If someone could roadmap a solution for me that would be great. Thanks.

13 years 1 month ago #154636 by krileon
Again, GJ 2.0 (when released) will have events support; this means users individual Church groups will be able to schedule events for their group (their Church) for users to attend. Aside from this you've available extensions such as jEvents or Eventlist or any other event extension. CB it self has no events scheduling, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #154639 by mikewill
Replied by mikewill on topic Re: Group Calendars Possible?
Thanks. Again, if someone could roadmap it out for me you'd have a long time customer here. I need to know if there is ANY way to do this with CB at this time. We have 500 volunteers separated into 30 groups, each needing their own schedule with auto-reminders sent to email. Surely someone must know exactly which extensions work with CB in this way? Thanks.

13 years 1 month ago #154650 by krileon

I need to know if there is ANY way to do this with CB at this time.

The groups aspect, yes. The calendar, no; you'll need a 3rd party extension such as jEvents or Eventlist. Pretty much any extension should work with CB, whether it has a CB specific integration or not I can't say; this is a trial and error process you must perform when building a list of preferred extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn