Forum integration with groupjive

13 years 3 weeks ago #156090 by benmango
Forum integration with groupjive was created by benmango
Hi there,

I have Community Builder, CBSubs and Kunena installed. At the moment I have set up three free subscription plans. I have set it up so that there is one Kunena forum for each plan. Only those subscribers to a plan can access the forum for that plan.

However, on one of the plans I want to set up sub forums. For each of the sub forums I want to restrict access to subscribers depending on a particular value they have selected in one of the CB fields when they registered/subscribed.

I was thinking I might be able to achieve this using Groupjive? Can you tell me if this is possible? If it is, can I automatically put members into a group depending on a value they have selected in a CB field for one of the subscription plans?

If it is not possible to do this using Groupjive I would be grateful for any other suggestions you have on how I could achieve this.

Many thanks,

Ben

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #156115 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forum integration with groupjive
GJ nor CBSubs has any sort of integration to add users to a Group based on field value. It's possible to add a user to a group based on Subscription, but nothing more beyond that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: benmango

13 years 3 weeks ago #156119 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: Forum integration with groupjive
Maybe you could create a set of child plans .. one for each of the particular values in your plan?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 3 weeks ago #156123 by benmango
Replied by benmango on topic Re: Forum integration with groupjive
Hi Heyai,

Thank you for your post. I'll have a look into it, although there will be quite a few child plans so not sure if this will work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn