How to remove "rn"

13 years 7 months ago #142206 by Li4213
How to remove "rn" was created by Li4213
I installed GroupJive on my site myChatNet.com. When someone joins a group, the group owner will get an private message, generated by uddeIM, but the message contains "rn" at the beginning of each line, as can be seen below.

Hello Liyaus,
rn
rn
rnThis email is your confirmation that jessy has joined the group Anyone wants to practice writing?.

"rn" does not appear for normal PM. So I guess the issue is related to GroupJive, not to uddeIM. Is there any way to remove these?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #142250 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to remove "rn"
No idea what the cause, but you may need to remove the <br /> from the language string and replace with \n line breaks. Please see the following location

IN: components/com_groupjive/language/english/english.pgp
ON: Line 142

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #142300 by Li4213
Replied by Li4213 on topic Re:How to remove "rn"
The cause is due to those <br />, but replacing them with backslash(\)n, with and without "", or <p> does not work. I replaced the first a few lines, now I got n instead of rn.

Any further suggestions?

Post edited by: Li4213, at: 2010/09/17 04:22

13 years 7 months ago #142326 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to remove "rn"
Nope, GJ 1.8 is "end of life" and considered "as is". If you can propose a fix then fantastic otherwise we are focusing resources on GJ 2.0 (complete rewrite). Recommend just removing the BRs and trying P elements perhaps. We've similar issue in CBSubs with only 1 textarea but are not sure of the direct cause at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn