I get masses of PHP errors: (

13 years 5 months ago #145287 by Goblin1405
I get masses of PHP errors: ( was created by Goblin1405
Hallo Freinds,

In my GroupJive installation i get realy Masses of PHP Errors. Thats hard because I`m a absolut Beginner.

Would anyone of you might have a look out please?

You can find the GroupJive in the TopMenue under "c-unity"

"Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_TITLE - assumed 'GJ_TITLE' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 68

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_INVITE - assumed 'GJ_INVITE' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/gj/core/groups.php on line 284

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_MAIL_OWNER - assumed 'GJ_MAIL_OWNER' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/gj/core/groups.php on line 290

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_INACTIVE_USERS - assumed 'GJ_INACTIVE_USERS' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 103

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_EDIT_GROUP_INFO - assumed 'GJ_EDIT_GROUP_INFO' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 104

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_MAIL_GROUP - assumed 'GJ_MAIL_GROUP' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 105

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_TRANSFER_OWNER - assumed 'GJ_TRANSFER_OWNER' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 106

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_DELETE_G_CONFIRM - assumed 'GJ_DELETE_G_CONFIRM' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 109

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_DELETE_GROUP - assumed 'GJ_DELETE_GROUP' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 109

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_GROUPDESCR - assumed 'GJ_GROUPDESCR' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 123

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_TYPE - assumed 'GJ_TYPE' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 126

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_OPEN - assumed 'GJ_OPEN' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 130

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_FOUNDED - assumed 'GJ_FOUNDED' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 147

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_MEMBERS - assumed 'GJ_MEMBERS' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 148

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_CREATOR - assumed 'GJ_CREATOR' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 149

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_MEMBERS - assumed 'GJ_MEMBERS' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 159

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_GROUP_BUL - assumed 'GJ_GROUP_BUL' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 162

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_BACKTGROUP - assumed 'GJ_BACKTGROUP' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 179

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_NEWESTMEM - assumed 'GJ_NEWESTMEM' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 292

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_LATESTBULLETIN - assumed 'GJ_LATESTBULLETIN' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 315

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_NO_MESSAGE - assumed 'GJ_NO_MESSAGE' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php on line 340

It would be really fantastic if someone could help me please.

My Site: dao-die-wacht.22web.net/index.php?option=com_groupjive&action=gj.core.groups.showgroup&groupid=4&Itemid=441

Best Regards, Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145318 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I get masses of PHP errors: (
GJ wasn't installed properly. You're missing language definitions. Please try switching to English language and confirm if issue still present. You'll probably need to create translations for the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145325 by Goblin1405
Replied by Goblin1405 on topic Re:I get masses of PHP errors: (
It#S the same Problem in English. For me as a absolut Beginner it's realy hard to solf those Problems. I'm realy frustrated.

For the GroupJive I've a German Language Pack installed so i dont understand whats the Problem with the Language File? In English and in German it is the same Problem and Errors :(

Do You have another Idea for me, please?

Best Regards, Andy

EDIT:

Now they're only 3 Errors to find in the GJ GroupManager:

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_OPEN - assumed 'GJ_OPEN' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/administrator/components/com_groupjive/admin.groupjive.html.php on line 251

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_APREQUIRED - assumed 'GJ_APREQUIRED' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/administrator/components/com_groupjive/admin.groupjive.html.php on line 251

Notice: Use of undefined constant GJ_PRIVATE - assumed 'GJ_PRIVATE' in /home/vol2/byethost14.com/b14_6517571/dao-die-wacht.22web.net/htdocs/administrator/components/com_groupjive/admin.groupjive.html.php on line 251

How do I solfe that Errors? Or what's to edit in the php File at Line 251 ?

Is here someone who would help me, please? I am an absolute beginner and completely overwhelmed with the problem. Please help me.

Post edited by: Goblin1405, at: 2010/11/02 13:55

13 years 5 months ago #145368 by krileon
They're missing language strings. You need to edit your language file and add the translations. If you've CB 1.2.3 installed properly and completely up to date then this won't be an issue in English as all strings are available. As for language plugins you'll need to update it to contain all the strings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145385 by Goblin1405
Replied by Goblin1405 on topic Re:I get masses of PHP errors: (
I've installed CB 1.2.3 correctly.

But I have also told you that I am an absolute beginner. How should I adapt as a complete Beginner to edit the language files in German?

I have even installed a German language pack and I still get the error in English and in German Joomla Version.

Ich can not php and html and css also very bad. The answers you give me something perhaps use a professional, but certainly no novice.

Maybe someone else here the more understanding for "beginners"?

Would anyone be so nice and would view the issue directly on my homepage and maybe try to solfe the Problem, please? That would be really nice.

Where else should I still turn out with this problem if not here at the initiators of GroupJive and CB?

Best Regards, Andy

Edit: Where can I find current German language files for CB 123 and GJ and can be downloaded? Does anyone have a link to the files please?

How I feel, "someone gives you a car for free as a Present... so that you now have problems because something is broken. Then you ask the Person from You get the Car as you can repair it. And get the answer" Hey you only have to repaire the whole engine" I'm a mechanic??? ... no" just does it to me straight. Even if GJ and CB are free so some Users are far from being an expert in php, html, css.

Post edited by: Goblin1405, at: 2010/11/02 18:17

Post edited by: Goblin1405, at: 2010/11/02 18:18

13 years 5 months ago #145491 by krileon

But I have also told you that I am an absolute beginner. How should I adapt as a complete Beginner to edit the language files in German?

GroupJives language file can be found at components/com_groupjive/language/english/english.php. If this is missing or not up to date then you'll have language string errors. You will need to create a german language file and place it at components/com_groupjive/language/german/german.php with the strings translated. english.php has all the necessary language strings, if it is erroring when using Joomla + CB in English then there's something wrong with your installation as the language file isn't up to date. This is not a bug, but a problem with your installation. Here is my personal test site with it working fine.

Would anyone be so nice and would view the issue directly on my homepage and maybe try to solfe the Problem, please? That would be really nice.

This isn't a bug with CB or GJ 1.8, but a bad installation. So typically we won't investigate. To have another user investigate they would likely charge you for their time. If you need a contract developer I recommend www.joomlancers.com/.

Edit: Where can I find current German language files for CB 123 and GJ and can be downloaded? Does anyone have a link to the files please?

Try here as appears a user has provided 3rd party language files for english and german; have not tested so use at ones own risk.

How I feel, "someone gives you a car for free as a Present... so that you now have problems because something is broken. Then you ask the Person from You get the Car as you can repair it. And get the answer" Hey you only have to repaire the whole engine" I'm a mechanic??? ... no" just does it to me straight. Even if GJ and CB are free so some Users are far from being an expert in php, html, css.

Then it's time to learn. There is a massive amount of free resources around the net for users to obtain and learn. You're building a website you need this knowledge or it just won't happen. You can not depend on us to develop and fix any issue you have unless is a bug directly with our code. Here are some great free resources covering a large majority of web development languages.

It's also extremely rude to slam us for not helping you further when you've not even subscribed for our extensive documentation that has been enhanced more and more over the years and covers nearly all basis of CB usage, installation, and configuration.

In the real world if someone gave you a free car it would be "bye, it's now your problem". We don't operate like that here so I don't find that a valid reference. We help everyone, even those who never support us through subscriptions, as much as we can with what time we have. Responses as such are very discouraging to us and others who may have interest in helping you.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/04 17:30

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn