Module Title always shows

14 years 6 months ago #110052 by Rapunzl
Module Title always shows was created by Rapunzl
Regardless of whether I choose "Show Title" or not in a module, it shows using the Coolness template.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #110347 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Module Title always shows
After waiting a couple of days with no answer, I found it in the Article Discussion! Hey guys, I thought issues weren't supposed to be discussed there?

Anyway, for anyone else that didn't see the initial posting and fix for this issue, just download the newest release that contains the fix.

:P

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 5 months ago #112106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Module Title always shows
Sorry for the delays, we've just been "over busy". :laugh:

Indeed this issue is resolved in latest release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #185720 by ErnstWieghorst
Replied by ErnstWieghorst on topic Re:Module Title always shows
I know, this is a very old thread. But i have the newest version. (Joomla 1.72 CB 1.71 coolness 1.61) and the same problem. I can do what I want. The title on the pages are always shown. In the options titel = hide.

Is that the same old problem transfered in a new version?

Sorry, solved. It was my fault. Everything is ok.

12 years 2 weeks ago #192933 by mszewiel
Replied by mszewiel on topic Re: Module Title always shows
I have exactly the same problem with the page title not being hidden with the latest template version. It also happens with the My Community template as well. I also can't get rid of the Print and Email icons even though I mark them as Hide in 'Article options'.

12 years 6 days ago #194049 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Module Title always shows
Please ensure after making changes you refresh your browser as necessary and do not have Joomla or any other caching enabled as this can result in your not seeing the appropriate affect of your changes.

I have set up both to show an image in the header - in the My Community template, the image is severely cropped, and in the Coolness template doesn't show at all.

The logos are displaying fine, but they are background images and not img elements. This means they'll easily expand outside of their defined width (left column width, default: 200). You need to provide a smaller logo or increase the left column width to accommodate the size of your logo. I've created the below feature ticket to get feedback from our template developer and remaining CB team regarding this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3337

The second issue was that I could not stop the article title appearing. I've done a bit of investigating and if I turn Show Title to off in the global articles settings, it does not show. If it's turned on in teh global setting, and turned off in the specific article options, it still appears. So in order not to see the frontpage article title, I have to turn show title off globally, and then turn it on for every other article.

The site you've provided appears to be working fine in this regard. Please understand Menu settings can and will override Global settings. For example if your global setting within Joomla > Content > Options is to have "Show Title" set to "Hide" and you've a Joomla menu link to an articles category that has "Show Title" to "Show" then all articles will show the title regardless of your Global configuration.

I was able to confirm that "Show Title" on an article by article basis does not function however and have created the below bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3336

I also can't change the position of the print and email icons. Whether I select top, or bottom, they still appear in the same place. Turning them off globally works, but not on an article by article setting.

Confirmed bugs and added the below bug tickets for further investigation by our template developer.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3339
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3340

Just out of interest, is it possible to move the articles box from the top right of each article? It's big and clunky looking and I would like to display that information in one line at the top of the article.

Not that I am aware. It renders the box in the same location as the icons (same API), but I suppose an override template could be provided for the article view to customize it however you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn