[#1597] Logo disappears on some pages

14 years 6 months ago #113680 by maharper1
[#1597] Logo disappears on some pages was created by maharper1
I am using Joomla 1.5.14 with CB 1.2.1 and the Coolness template. My logo image disappears on some pages. My logo was wider than the default image, so I edited the CSS file to indicate that. The image location was set in the backend parameters and appears correctly in the params.ini file. The logo appears correctly on the home page and some others, but is missing from some pages.

The site (and it is no where near done yet) is at www.heritagetrailofmadison.info. To see the problem, just click the Read More link in the "Thank You" article on the front page.

I'm definitely not a Joomla or CSS expert, but I can probably follow any advice anyone might kindly offer me!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/12 15:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Logo disappears on some pages
Disable SEF and see if issue is resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114002 by maharper1
Replied by maharper1 on topic Re:Logo disappears on some pages
Thanks, Kyle. Turning off SEF seems like it might help, but it also breaks some of my links. Some links that work with SEF on, just reload the home page when SEF is off (seemingly as if it can no longer resolve the complete URL).

I tried removing the aliases from those pages to test, but it didn't help.

I'd really rather not turn off SEF, but if I have to, I will. Do you have any suggestions for fixing the broken link problem?

14 years 6 months ago #114003 by maharper1
Replied by maharper1 on topic Re:Logo disappears on some pages
Sorry, I just recreated one of the links and they all work again now. Maybe it was cached or something.

So, the logo images does appear on all pages if SEF is turned off.

Why does turning SEF on make the logo dissappear on some pages?

14 years 6 months ago #114042 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Logo disappears on some pages
Because your rewrite rule is rewriting every URL it can find, this includes the logo apparently. Which is then probably pointing the image URL to a location that does not exist. SEO is tricky and will take tweaking to accomplish correctly, it's not a matter of turn on and it works; this is why by default Joomla has it off.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #120079 by vbloza
Replied by vbloza on topic Re:Logo disappears on some pages
Where do i turn off SEF?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn