[SOLVED] Coolness and Attend jevents

13 years 8 months ago #139280 by abo
Hi all,
stumbled across a problem with coolness....

Using coolness with jevents - perfect.
Using coolness with jevents and locations and/or persons addon - perfect.

Using coolness with jevents and attend jevents addon (with or without locations and/or person) problem!

The order of things are reversed, i.e. the attend registration form comes first, followed by the information on the event itself.

In other templates it's event first (including location and person, if included), followed by the attend jevents buttons.

Can this problem be confirmed?
Can it be solved?

Thanks

Post edited by: abo, at: 2010/08/03 18:17

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/11 18:01

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #139320 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Coolness and Attend jevents
We don't debug every extension, that's just not possible. You should examine the CSS with something such as Firebug for Firefox and see what needs to be adjusted to fit your needs. I do not see how this is even possible however as something like that would probably require Float styles, which the template does not apply to specific extensions. More then likely the extension is using the templates layout to generate its page and the layout of Coolness is not the same as default templates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139336 by abo
Replied by abo on topic Re:Coolness and Attend jevents
Thanks for the quick response :)

I will see how far I get with this. B)

Now, to be sure, I don't expect you to debug every extension. Jevents however is pretty standard - and the addon is Jevents original - and works with other templates. So I simply thought that someone might have come across the problem already (and perhaps even found a solution).

Probably the hint at float styles will be decisive, let's see.

13 years 8 months ago #139379 by krileon
If you can provide a link to the issue will be able to take a quick look at the source. Sounds like module usage and the placement of module locations in Coolness compared to other templates. I can't say for sure without a link. You can either provide it here or PM it to me if you prefer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139404 by abo
Replied by abo on topic Re:Coolness and Attend jevents
Hi Krileon,

thanks for your willingness:

Coolness:
www.c-stab.net/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=138&Itemid=75&year=2010&month=08&day=05&title=test-bitte-ignorieren&uid=35991747710bcb47aa1d8f03e4fe0445

(By now I am working towards changing the template - for other reasons, though)

And here an example with a different templates (working as it should):
www.prepare-enrich.de/veranstaltungen/icalrepeat.detail/2010/08/05/92/-/test-bitte-ignorieren.html

I have found other templates by now, I have to admit, that don't work properly either. So in all fairness ... Geraint from jevents probably needs to change something (and most likely will) B)
However, if you do have an idea.... :huh:

13 years 8 months ago #139480 by krileon
Not sure what to advise, you're no longer using coolness. Appears it is using module positions, but I don't know for sure. This does not appear to be an issue of the template, but rather the extension. I recommend you discuss this with its developer.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn