Extended CB

18 years 2 months ago #5210 by guilliam
Replied by guilliam on topic Re:Extended CB
wow!!! :blink: thats a fine LOOONG list you got there. im sure you will DONATE big time to the team if this will be implemented. :lol:

anything in particular you want to PRIORITIZE from your short list? were looking for frequently asked wishlist to be added in our current add on feature, check here so far:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,5206/catid,13/limit,6/limitstart,0/

(not yet downloadable for public though.)

- g

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5251 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:Extended CB / K.I.S.S.
Just a report from my CB experience :

i'm releasing the 2nd version of my website, with special guest component ... tadam.... "CB" ;)

But i was told by my users "your member part is way too complicated for us".

I had to cut many things from CB (RC2). I have to leave the connectors, the tabs [now it's plane, without the "tabs"), some interesting plugins...... well i had to "lighten" the site,n to make it easy, rapid to use, without all those special effects from CB.

I had to configure it with "K.I.S.S." in mind. KISS ? "Keep It Simple Stupid" *

I hope in the near future to reintroduce most of the great things in CB. I really love it !

Who can describe similar experience ?

Silexian

* read : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

18 years 2 months ago #5252 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Extended CB / K.I.S.S.
Hi Silexian,

What's your demographic? I find CB for the most part pretty inutitive....

Your users were like this: :blink: :ohmy: :blink: :silly: :side: :ohmy: :blink: ?

18 years 2 months ago #5291 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:Extended CB / K.I.S.S.
@dsendecki

Well, my users are like usual users : dumb and dumber :)
lol, i mean : as most people never read manuals, most people never try to understand, study, test, learn website's features.

As an experience, people need/want easy tools.
Otherwise, they go away... and disappear from your site.

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

18 years 2 months ago #5319 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Extended CB / K.I.S.S.
Silexian -- I completely understand your point, I was only fooling around.

I think what might help is a help feature that is a little more robust the the DHTML tooltips.

I am a documentation writer by trade and think I've happened upon a way that I could contribute to the community.

Could we put a framework together that would allow us to put a "HELP" link in the corner of each plugin tab/plugin area that could lead to a corresponding article (like a knowledgebase) that would elaborate on the feature in question.

I'd be happy to write the documentation and provide end-user directions for a whole host of plugins. This could help clear up some questions, I think, and make it mroe user-friendly!

18 years 4 weeks ago #8441 by tickleme
Replied by tickleme on topic Re:Extended CB
I'm curious as to how to add a point system to my CB. I'm not sure where I would find the information on how to do this though. I run a writing site where writers critique eachother's work. I've searched everywhere to find this information but no one on Mambo server has offered any help and it's been a week already. I really need to get this done.

Basically, what I need is this:

Authors earn points by rating and commenting on site content based on the length of the content. i.e. 1-100 word content entry gives author 1 point, 101-250 gets 2 points, 251-500 gets 3 points, 501-1000 gets 4 points, 1001-2000 gets 5 points, and anything over 2001 gets 6 points.

Accumulating 6 points gives the author one post to content.

Points can build up to a maximum of say 200 points, but then they must use their points by posting content before earning more points. They can't post until they have rated/commented on content, but do get 2 free posts to content just for registering.

I'd also like to be able to allow admin to moderate so that all points and comments are verified. Admin should also be able to access the points in case there is an error or they just want to be nice and give away some points for extra credit. :D

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. I'm very new to PHP and Mambo CB but love the functionality. I just need someone to point me in the right direction as to where to find the information to do this myself. I heard in the Mambo forums this can be done with CB.

Please, please help!
Thank you so much ahead of time!
Tickle

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds