[#1363] Authorize.Net situation resolved?

14 years 5 months ago #113062 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
allofnothing wrote:

I'm in the EXACT same situation with Authorize.net. I spoke with them at length today and found out that my per-transaction fees will go up heavily if we do not capture the billing address.

Dirtypants wrote:

"Blah-blah-blah, whine-whine-whine."

...at the exact moment that Krileon was addressing the issue and explaining that the issue will be solved and a solution implemented soon. Sorry; hadn't had my coffee yet.

Post edited by: dirtypants, at: 2009/10/05 14:45

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
The topic has been locked.
14 years 5 months ago #113262 by SCLRWeb
Same issue we're having here...

----Drink Coffee Faster!!----

Can't believe it isn't mimicking Virtuemart type of setup...

I thought getting VM Setup with Auth.net was a pain but wow...

I thought I was all setup and Golden with CB-Subs until I went to process...

Now I can't because the AVS and haven't been able to take a single Payment.

Our users are used to having to enter their CC billing address to purchase as that is what is required on any website I've dealt with in the past year if not 3-4 years.

I also am not sure why there is a section asking about billing information which I modified then it again kicks it out...

Checked the baskets and find that CBSubs wasn't sending this information at all was really surprising and disappointing that it wasn't documented clearly when allowing AVS checks to happen.
---- Warning allowing AVS will break Authorize.net----

We definitely can't afford higher Auth.net charges either...

Really would like a fix for this .... even a simple field mapping to the billing information would be fine for us!

Post edited by: hmossessi, at: 2009/10/06 20:11
14 years 5 months ago #113265 by krileon
:blink: We've already added the feature request. We understand your frustration and working as quickly as possible. There are other priorities at this time, but we're working on a reasonable solution. We do not have a release time frame however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
14 years 5 months ago #113270 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
hmossessi wrote:

Same issue we're having here...

Now I can't because the AVS and haven't been able to take a single Payment.

We definitely can't afford higher Auth.net charges either...

Really would like a fix for this .... even a simple field mapping to the billing information would be fine for us!

Post edited by: hmossessi, at: 2009/10/06 20:11

I'm really in a situation because of this, too. I built my upgrade from Joomla! 1 - 1.5 starting with scratch so that the whole thing would be neater and cleaner and abandoned Account Expiration Control for CBSubs assuming that the integration would be easier (there are some neat advantages to CBSubs, but I am definitely resenting upgrading before this issue was resolved).

If you really can't get it to work, here are the settings you need in your "Address Verification Settings" that you can find from Authorize.net -> account -> settings. And then prepare to lose a significant percentage of your sales from any transaction that goes through A.net.

Since this is a simple fix, costing *paying customers* revenue, I cannot understand why it isn't some kind of immediate hotfix instead of a planned feature request that has an indefinite release. If it was preventing the Joomlapolis team a percentage of their revenue, or if it was a security risk for them (the woman I talked to on the phone from A.net said, "Well, it is certainly risky, but it is up to you"), I'm certain that they would have it fixed within a day. But it is *our* risk and *our* money, so it isn't a priority?

This is why "Open Source Matters." Granted, people who make products as wonderful as the Joomlapolis team deserve significant benefit. But this is my first encrypted purchase, and I'm really regretting it. I could have, at the least, hired someone from Rent-a-Coder to fix it in an hour or two.

I didn't realize that I have these settings indefinitely -- I thought this was something being addressed immediately.

Anyway here are the settings you need:

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
Attachments:
14 years 5 months ago #113280 by SCLRWeb
Dirtypants ---

What kind of price difference are we talking?

How much more are we going to pay more per transaction?

Each membership / subscription is $60 now... we currently pay normal Fees... what can we expect to see now?
14 years 5 months ago #113287 by dirtypants
hmossessi wrote:

Dirtypants ---

What kind of price difference are we talking?

How much more are we going to pay more per transaction?

Each membership / subscription is $60 now... we currently pay normal Fees... what can we expect to see now?

It depends on your merchant service, I think. I've been inquiring and Googling today, and the news is dour:

If AVS is not used on a transaction, that transaction will downgrade to non-qualified. A non-qualified transaction is the lowest qualification level for a transaction, and has a much higher processing rate than with a qualified or mid-qualified transaction. Retail businesses will automatically downgrade to mid-qualified when keying in transactions, but will also downgrade to non-qualified when AVS is not used.

Depending on your merchant contract, a non-qualified transaction can cost as much as 2% and $.50 or more extra per transaction. What this can mean is that if you have a keyed merchant account setup at 2.3% with a transaction fee of $.25 per transaction, the downgrade to non-qualified can increase this to 4.3% and a $.75 transaction fee. Your costs to process the transaction nearly doubled. Not all merchant account downgrade fees are this bad, but they all are significant.

But, even worse:

AVS stands for Address Verification System. An AVS check is a comparison of a street (mailing) address with a billing address. Verisign charges extra fees for AVS where Authorize.net does not. Since U.S.-based Internet transactions are required to use AVS this fee is unavoidable (and considering the rampant fraud scams out there you probably don't want to avoid AVS). For international transactions, AVS can be disabled - simply elect not to reject "Non-US Card Issuing Banks" and select "AVS is not supported." Finally, it is possible to disable AVS entirely if anti-fraud services and/ or CVN's (Card Verification Numbers - usually a three-digit number on the back of the card) are used instead. However - this may be a violation of your merchant account agreement, so be sure to verify this prior to disabling AVS.

Read that again:

U.S.-based Internet transactions are required to use AVS.

From what I understand, this isn't a requirement of the gateway or the merchant service. It is a federal guideline / regulation.

The situation can be escalated now. I think that it is IMPERATIVE that the Joomlapolis crew make CLEAR that CBSubs is NOT compatible with authorize.net for those of us in the U.S.A. I am disabling it now and hoping that it hasn't lost me those transactions.

This was just verified by my merchant service -- (NMB) -- they will NOT honor transactions that they *know* violated this U.S. regulation. This doesn't mean that they *know* it by default -- I'm not sure. I think that I've lucked out in that I've captured some, but I have yet to see the outcome. I think that so far, in under a month, it has probably cost me between $50.00 and $100.00 because of the downgrades (I had to disable it for all transactions, which includes our for-profit, commercial site, where we sell goods and services, and we have a lot of traffic there). 2% to 3% adds up quickly, particularly when the per-transaction fee jumps by $0.50. In the time it took me to write this, I just had a $312.00 order. So it probably just cost me at least $6.92 (($312 x .02) + $0.50).

Unacceptable. CBSubs does NOT work with authorize.net for U.S. merchants. Period. You are going to have to use PayPal until they realize how important this is.

Cheers,

Scott

Post edited by: dirtypants, at: 2009/10/07 01:44

Post edited by: dirtypants, at: 2009/10/07 01:45

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn