import fails for duplicate userID entry

14 years 6 months ago #112644 by richbrundage
import fails for duplicate userID entry was created by richbrundage
If you use the import format File (each line: userid, planid, status, subscription date) and a userid occurs twice the import will fail. The error message is not applicable, states that user not confirmed, enabled, ...

Not a big problem to be sure, I am migrating from JCS and wanted to keep the info about multiple subscription.

Richard Brundage

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #112661 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:import fails for duplicate userID entry
richbrundage wrote:

If you use the import format File (each line: userid, planid, status, subscription date) and a userid occurs twice the import will fail. The error message is not applicable, states that user not confirmed, enabled, ...

Not a big problem to be sure, I am migrating from JCS and wanted to keep the info about multiple subscription.

You're wanting to import multiple subscriptions for the same user? This is resulting in an error upon import attempt, correct? If this is the case it appears to be a possible bug.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/30 04:40

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112701 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Re:import fails for duplicate userID entry
Yes, that is it in a nutshell, in my case there were cases of failure when either one subscription was active and the other inactive or both inactive.

The error message is:

Importer - error: Not all userId exist, are active (confirmed, approved and enabled) ! innexistant or inactive ids: XXX, ...

When the duplicates are removed the import proceeds without error, so it is not a file formating problem.

Richard Brundage

14 years 6 months ago #112726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:import fails for duplicate userID entry
richbrundage wrote:

Yes, that is it in a nutshell, in my case there were cases of failure when either one subscription was active and the other inactive or both inactive.

The error message is:

Importer - error: Not all userId exist, are active (confirmed, approved and enabled) ! innexistant or inactive ids: XXX, ...

When the duplicates are removed the import proceeds without error, so it is not a file formating problem.

Right, this is a confirmed bug. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If you find any other scenarios having issues with import then feel free to reply with them here. Any testing help is always greatly appreciated. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn