[SOLVED] Internal Server Error

14 years 5 months ago #114856 by jux
[SOLVED] Internal Server Error was created by jux
when i click on the CB Paid Subscriptionsin my CB Plug-in management, then go to settings i get an internal error message.

[code:1]Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@website.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.[/code:1]

so far its the only part of CB subs i have installed.

any ideas?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/27 19:02

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #114859 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Internal Server Error
Please do as the error suggests "More information about this error may be available in the server error log.". Review your error logs and report back the issue. It's likely due to memory limit or timeout issue, check PHP.ini for these limits and adjust them accordingly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #114973 by jux
Replied by jux on topic Re:Internal Server Error
looked through my error and log and its huge! What am i looking for in here theres over 50 000 lines of errors.

This is becuase i have 5 websites under this domain with various other platforms inside those. So any help of what im searching for to help resolve this issue would be great.

I would post up the error log but

a) its huge
b) it has some sensitive information in there (?)

im guessing it is something to do with the memory limit like you said and so i adjusted the memory limit from 16m to 32m in the php.ini file

[code:1]memory_limit=32M[/code:1]

but with memory limit problems i have had in the past it normal take ages for the error to come up but with this its instant.. and sometimes if i dont get the error i just get a white screen.

thanks for the help in advance

14 years 5 months ago #114974 by krileon
Memory limit of 16mb is too small. I suggest 64mb. You might also want to check your timeout time, it should be 30-60 if not that already.

Reproduce the error, but note the time the error occurred. So if you did it just now and it was 10:00 AM you would check today at or around 10:00 AM in your error log. This would narrow it down. You should purge your log now and again if it gets too large. You may want to configure your PHP.ini to only log what's necessary and not to log duplicate errors, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #114979 by jux
Replied by jux on topic Re:Internal Server Error
ok thanks again for the reply.

My php.ini file consists of this:

[code:1]
max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
;max_input_nesting_level = 64 ; Maximum input variable nesting level
memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB«»)
[/code:1]

regarding the config for my PHP.ini can you give me any links or guidance to go about this?

And when you mean purge my error log is this a function on my server or do manual delete the error log.

here's the last 100 errors in my log see attachment.

Attachment errorlog.txt not found

cheers

Post edited by: jux, at: 2009/10/23 16:24
Attachments:

14 years 5 months ago #114982 by krileon
Your memory limit probably doesn't need to be 128 (read previous post recommendation of 64mb). You can find php.ini information here . However, it can be a host by host basis on how and what to configure so consult with your host first.

For the error log you simply just delete the error log and it'll create a fresh clean new one when an error occurs.

[code:1]
mysite.co.uk [Fri Oct 23 15:12:56 2009] [error] [client 86.147.162.98] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 25427968) (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in /home/sites/mysite.co.uk/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 172, referer: mysite.co.uk/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showPlugins
[/code:1]

Error: Out of memory

Exactly the problem, not enough memory. Once the changes have been made to php.ini and have taken affect, your issue should be gone. Consult with your host on how to go about adjusting the memory limits.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn