[#1562] Required Fields?

14 years 1 month ago #125468 by rugbydreams
[#1562] Required Fields? was created by rugbydreams
If I field that is set to required on member profile A but not visible on member profile B it still shows up in message box that it needs to be populated on member profile B.

Does this mean that if you have fields that are available to one profile type but not another that they cannot be set to required?

For the time being I have not made any fields required but this could lead to lots of empty profiles with members not filling in details.

Post edited by: rugbydreams, at: 2010/02/28 16:35

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/01 23:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125512 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Required Fields?
It's possible to hide required fields, but currently certain fields do not function properly when set as required. Such as Image field or fields using regex validations. Hiding required fields on registration is done from Workflows tab of your plans. How are you hiding required fields on profiles? You need to use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration to do this. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125537 by rugbydreams
Replied by rugbydreams on topic Re:Required Fields?
krileon wrote:

It's possible to hide required fields, but currently certain fields do not function properly when set as required. Such as Image field or fields using regex validations. Hiding required fields on registration is done from Workflows tab of your plans. How are you hiding required fields on profiles? You need to use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration to do this. B)

Yes I am using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection. I hide the fields by workflow for a particular profile type and then set the tab availability for all those hidden fields only available to other profile types and visibility to normal cb settings (everyone).

Works fine during registration its when they then edit/update their profile that they get the message this field is required even though they dont have access to it.

Also the visibility setting doesn't seem to work as even though its set to everyone only users who are signed in can see it.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125571 by krileon
Are the fields visible when editing your profile? If so they've not been protected and validation will still occur (error saying field is required).

Could you please provide your CBSubs Fields Tabs configuration for the Field in question so may attempt to duplicate? Thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125574 by rugbydreams
Replied by rugbydreams on topic Re:Required Fields?
Fields are not visible when editing.

Settings for tab in tab management which is hidden from profile B...

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB subs control tab availability

Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Profile A

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: No, Normal CB settings (which is visible for everyone)

Then all fields that are in that tab have been set to hide within profile B's plan workflow.

Fields settings in field management are set to required:yes; profile:yes(line 1); registration:yes; searchable:no; published:yes

Hope thats what you wanted.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125575 by krileon
I see, you've protected the tab, but not the fields. Yet the field required validation is still firing. This would be a bug with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection. To confirm could you please protect the Fields that are displayed on the protected Tab? Thank you. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn