Monthly recurring payments?

14 years 1 month ago #125675 by rugbydreams
Monthly recurring payments? was created by rugbydreams
If I am setting up monthly recurring payments via paypal what settings do I need to put into..

Prorate remaining value of this plan when upgrading:
Renewable in advance by:
Grace period before real expiration:

Slightly confused why I need this for recurring payments?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125689 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Monthly recurring payments?
rugbydreams wrote:

If I am setting up monthly recurring payments via paypal what settings do I need to put into..

Prorate remaining value of this plan when upgrading:
Renewable in advance by:
Grace period before real expiration:

Slightly confused why I need this for recurring payments?

The Prorate parameter (as described in manual) instructs CB as to how it should handle upgrading from an existing plan to a better one. If I have paid 100 dollars for 12 months worth of plan A what happens if after 2 months I decide to upgrade to plan B? Will I lose the 100$ I paid or will the system calculate the residual value and subtract it from plan B subscription cost?

Renewable in advance (also explained in doc) instructs the system to allow or disallow advanced renewals. You can perhaps allow yearly plans to be renewable before they expire. So Someone can subscribe to another 12 months (if so allowed) even before the first 12 months are over (this is configurable in CBSubs - how much ahead of time one can renew). Why would you use this? Lets say you plan a price increase - those that subscribe in advance would use the old price.

Grace period is just that. You want to give people maybe some extra time after their subscription officially ends to still have access to plan privileges. Its really up to you.

I hope these comments helped.

14 years 1 month ago #125692 by rugbydreams
Replied by rugbydreams on topic Re:Monthly recurring payments?
So I take it that if I run recurring monthly payments for an unlimited total number of occurrences, then it doesn't matter what I put in those fields as they shouldn't have to renew.

Is this right?

14 years 1 month ago #125696 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Monthly recurring payments?
rugbydreams wrote:

So I take it that if I run recurring monthly payments for an unlimited total number of occurrences, then it doesn't matter what I put in those fields as they shouldn't have to renew.

Is this right?

No. If you allow people to upgrade from one plan to another then the first parameter matters.

What do you mean by "unlimited total number of occurrences"?

14 years 1 month ago #125700 by rugbydreams
Replied by rugbydreams on topic Re:Monthly recurring payments?
What I am trying to do is setup a parent plan which is free for life and give them limited accessibility. Then setup a child plan which they can upgrade to for full access which will be a recurring monthly fee which will continue until they unsubscribe, at which time they are returned to the free parent plan.

Is this possible? Really tying myself in knots trying to figure this out.

14 years 1 month ago #125705 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Monthly recurring payments?
It's not possible to have a lifetime recurring subscription; as lifetime is just that lifetime. Please ensure you've set CBSubs to create subscriptions for free lifetime plans first (this is for your child plan to be able to actually do anything). Then add what restrictions you want for the Free plan (if the subscription is to protect anything at all). Now create another plan that is/will be a child of your Free plan, set it its duration to Monthly and ensure you've selected Recurring as payment type (not single payment or user choice). You need to also ensure you've configured your Payment Gateway (Paypal?) to allow recurring payments.

Occurrences have nothing to do with recurring payments. This is the number of times the plan can be subscribed to before it can no longer be subscribed to. If you set it to say 5 then a users can subscribe 5 times total then afterward never again. This is good for promotional offers.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/02 17:55

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.730 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn