[SOLVED] No Data Showing in Backend

13 years 9 months ago #134604 by scallypoker
Replied by scallypoker on topic Re:No Data Showing in Backend
The host suggests the following:

MySQL will refuse to execute select statements that process a very large number of rows. You should either adjust your select statement to make it more efficient, or set SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 in the session before executing the large select statement. Use something like this to do that ..

$db->sql_query("SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1");

Can I add this in somewhere?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #134672 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:No Data Showing in Backend
The query should be fine and shouldn't cause any issues. You host should upgrade MYSQL to compensate for the bug. I can't comment on the number of rows as the image is too small for me to read. Will investigate possibility of placement of such query. It's possible can be done within your index.php file of your administrative backend.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/04 00:27

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134713 by scallypoker
I'm not sure why the user manager in CB can cope but CBsubs can't, I would have thought that a similar logic would have been used for the two for the querying?

I would happily send a larger image but the system only allows this maximum size and I can't attach an image :(

Looks like I will have to just live with not being able to see any data in CBSubs? It is a big job for my host to apply fixes across all their servers which need to remain common for support purposes.

13 years 9 months ago #134727 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:No Data Showing in Backend

Looks like I will have to just live with not being able to see any data in CBSubs? It is a big job for my host to apply fixes across all their servers which need to remain common for support purposes.

Certainly not. We'll work to help resolve this issue for you. Of course it is recommended to for your host to remain up to date, but lets try the following before throwing in all the cards. ;)

Please add the following to your backend administrator index.php (administrator/index.php). The following will execute the query provided by your host to increase the select size limit of queries.

[code:1]
// START EDIT
// set query select size
$db =& JFactory::getDBO();
$db->setQuery( 'SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1' );
$db->query();
// END EDIT
[/code:1]

The key is to set this option before any extensions such as CB and its plugin CBSubs performs any queries so the option will apply to them. So the above will need to be placed directly before the following.

[code:1]
/**
* INITIALISE THE APPLICATION
* NOTE :
*/
[/code:1]

Please let me know if this resolves your issue and if not we can investigate further by providing (via PM) your backend Joomla login credentials, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134729 by scallypoker
Thanks so much.

I get the following erro though on a blank screen

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

13 years 9 months ago #134730 by scallypoker
I've PM you the login details

Moderators: beatnantkrileon