Bug with upgrading / before payment

13 years 8 months ago #137133 by MikeFrank
Bug with upgrading / before payment was created by MikeFrank
Bug with upgrade plans:

Have 3 plan levels. The lowest priced plan (level 1) is set to NOT allow upgrades to plan. The mid price plan (level 2) and highest priced plan (level 3) have option to upgrade enabled.

Test 1: Register “normally” with Level 3 plan. Log in and go to upgrade choices, and you have no choices. This is correct because the member has the highest priced plan.

Test 2: Begin registration process choosing Level 3 plan (highest priced plan). When get to payment option, either click away from the page or close the window entirely. Do not hit “cancel” if the cancel link is enabled, that would cause a different action to be taken and cause this test to not be valid. Return to site and log in with recently created user, from the partially completed registration process. At this point, a user has started the registration process but has not made their payment. When they log in at this point, they are given the option to pay for their level 3 plan, but additionally (and apparent bug) is that it shows an upgrade possibility to the Level 2 plan (a plan priced lower than their originally chosen plan). It appears that the code to check for pricing on each plan is not performed before displaying this page’s information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #137161 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Bug with upgrading / before payment
That is not a bug, the user is not upgrading to Plan 2 as they haven't purchased Plan 3 yet. Once they've purchased Plan 3 and are active then Plan 2 will no longer be available. This allows the user to select a new plan encase of mistake or whatever the case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #137475 by MikeFrank
Replied by MikeFrank on topic Re:Bug with upgrading / before payment
I don't disagree with the fact that it's not a "bug", but I do believe this "functionality" needs tweaking.

First, the text above the additional plans refers to upgrading. Perhaps an additional language string can be added and referred to as "Additional Options" or something to that effect, since they are not yet part of a current plan, the term "upgrade" does not seem to fit here.

Secondly, based on the fact that this situation only shows plans that have the "allow upgrades to this plan" selected, it is obviously treating as or referring to the code related to upgrades. If they do not have a current plan and they're given options in case of a mistake or change-of-mind, then all plans should be shown (as "additional options"), regardless or whether or not they are plans which allow upgrading.

Let me know if you need screenshots or any more information about the above.

Thank you for all of your help, it is much appreciated.

13 years 8 months ago #137556 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Bug with upgrading / before payment
All language strings can be adjusted within CBSubs language plugin or some within CBSubs Settings or the plans themselves. Do agree the wording perhaps in that situation is not the best, but generally means they've been placed in a Free plan or Free registered user subscription at which point are being required to "upgrade" to a paid plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn