[SOLVED] 500 Error when saving Paypal Payment Gateway

13 years 6 months ago #141076 by ecoweb
When I create a Paypal payment gateway in CB Subs 1.0.3 I enter all the required details including the paypal and generated keys and certificates. but when I save it I get a 500 Internal Server error and then cannot open that Payment Gateway again without the error.

I have narrowed it down, by a process of elimation both repeated creation of the gateway and editing of the gateway db record, to being a problem that when any of the pem keys or certificates paths point to the correct files the error occurs. The correct value is being saved in the database but I presume there is some error in processing the actual pem files as even with just one pointing to the correct location the error occurs.

I have been through the forums and didn't find anything on this problem but did find problems on 500 Internal Server errors which usually required a php memory limit increase to 64M which I have tried but problem still persists.

On the Paypal Payment gateway it is showing that openssl has been found and is working, message is 'openssl executable found at /usr/bin/openssl, and could be executed: openssl version: OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008. '.

I've run out of ideas on how to approach this problem. So if you can help that would be great.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/02 21:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #141079 by nant
Please check your server error logs for more info - ask your hoster for assistance to get to your error log if needed.

13 years 6 months ago #141093 by ecoweb

Attachment cpanel_error_log_CB_Subs_500_problem.txt not found

The error log on cpanel was just filled up with 404 message for missing image files in cb subs. But I did clear the apache logs and re try the transaction. The error return was :

xx.xx.xx.xx - username [01/Sep/2010:14:53:44 +0100] "GET /usertest/administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=511&action=editrow&table=gatewaysbrowser&tid=4&cbprevstate=b3B0aW9uPWNvbV9jb21wcm9maWxlciZ0YXNrPWVkaXRQbHVnaW4mcGx1Z2luaWQ9NTExJmFjdGlvbj1zaG93dGFibGUmdGFibGU9Z2F0ZXdheXM= HTTP/1.1" 500 - "www.sri-connect.com/usertest/administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=511&table=gatewaysbrowser&action=editrow&tid=4&cbprevstate=b3B0aW9uPWNvbV9jb21wcm9maWxlciZ0YXNrPWVkaXRQbHVnaW4mcGx1Z2luaWQ9NTExJmFjdGlvbj1zaG93dGFibGUmdGFibGU9Z2F0ZXdheXM%3D" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)"

I've attached a copy of the log file and the error log file from cpanel. ( As an aside: Is there a way to fix the missing image file problem? Can they be copied from somewhere into my site?)

Post edited by: ecoweb, at: 2010/09/01 16:16

Post edited by: ecoweb, at: 2010/09/01 16:17
Attachments:

13 years 6 months ago #141095 by ecoweb
Sorry here is the log file

Attachment sri_connect.gz not found

Attachments:

13 years 6 months ago #141190 by krileon
The attached error log shows image issues and your access log does not provide details for 500 errors. Please re-review your error log directly after triggering the error and provide us with that log. The missing images will be provided with next release and is a known issue (used by our backend admin module). Typically 500 errors are due to memory issues, please ensure you've adequate php memory and timeout times set. Please also ensure you're running CB 1.2.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #141317 by ecoweb
I checked the php error logs and there was a corresponding error at the time of the 500 errors. That was that php_curl.dll could not be found. I corrected that problem with the help of my hosting company's support and php_curl is now working ok but the 500 internal error still persists. Unfortunately there are no error messages showing in the php error logs and the main error log just shows the missing image file errors. So I can find no further infomation on the 500 errors (can you suggest any other places where the error would be shown in more detail?)

I have the following settings:
PHP Memeory Limit = 64M
max_execution_time = 30s
max_input_time = 60s

I am only running CB 1.2.2 and upgrading to CB.1.2.3 would be difficult in a quick time frame as I have a number of core hacks (I know I shouldn't but the client was very specific about some things). But CB Subs 1.0.3 was released for CB 1.2.2 and so I presume it is expected to work. Or are there known problems?

What can you suggest for the next steps in diagnosing this problem?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn