[SOLVED] Communication Error with Paypal Sandbox IPN

13 years 7 months ago #142415 by ecoweb
I put an entry from the Paypal Sandbox IPN history in my first post. The following is the similar but relates directly to the access log entries that follow:

IPN History - Notification url:www.sri-connect.com/sandbox/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=74&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod

IPN History - HTTP response code: 500

IPN History - Message:mc_gross=10.00&invoice=N196546580307453&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=confirmed&payer_id=2TBSMMF34VGTS&tax=0.00&address_street=1 Main Terrace&payment_date=11:02:42 Sep 19, 2010 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=W12 4LQ&first_name=Test&mc_fee=0.54&address_country_code=GB&address_name=Test User¬ify_version=3.0&custom=10&payer_status=verified&business=admin_1284037237_biz@eco-consultants.co.uk&address_country=United Kingdom&address_city=Wolverhampton&quantity=1&verify_sign=A3rB2CFUqG.TvO98Yc5uqm1B.3IWA4f3DRCP-pNh.JdaeX-73GyfmSMT&payer_email=brian_1284037083_per@eco-consultants.co.uk&txn_id=1DV458884F879570U&payment_type=instant&last_name=User&address_state=West Midlands&receiver_email=admin_1284037237_biz@eco-consultants.co.uk&payment_fee=&receiver_id=EY8T28CY3MXZ6&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Test Subscriber for Dummy3&mc_currency=GBP&item_number=S10-74-1&residence_country=GB&test_ipn=1&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=10&payment_gross=&shipping=0.00

Access Log Entries

216.113.191.33 - - [19/Sep/2010:19:02:42 +0100] "POST /sandbox/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=74&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod=paypal&cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno=1&cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback=fc487fa086b0ab0ae4e1d5fd2c6bd742&cbpaidsubscriptionsbasket=10&result=notify&cbpid=cbp4c964fd1df671433003436&no_html=1&format=raw HTTP/1.0" 500 - "-" "-"

82.13.89.130 - - [19/Sep/2010:19:02:45 +0100] "GET /sandbox/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=74&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod=paypal&cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno=1&cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback=fc487fa086b0ab0ae4e1d5fd2c6bd742&cbpaidsubscriptionsbasket=10&result=success&cbpid=cbp4c964fd1df671433003436&tx=1DV458884F879570U&st=Completed&amt=10.00&cc=GBP&cm=10&item_number=S10-74-1 HTTP/1.1" 200 14885 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)"

I had emptied the access log and these are the only two entries after I pressed the paypal button in CB Subs.

From what I can see the error is occurring when CB Subs is trying to communicate back to Paypal after CB Subs has received the IPN. Both a outgoing PDT communication and IPN outgoing communication back to Paypal Sandbox are failing.

I presume these are being sent via port 80. Is this correct or is another port being use? If it is then what is it so I can check if there is anything blocking outgoing use?

Are any other special protocols required for these calls?

Are any API credentials required in CB Subs? I can see no mention of them for Paypal in the User Guide but in Paypal Sandbox API credentials have been set up for the seller paypal account and the information is also shown in API Access entry on the seller account profile. The information on Paypal implies these have to match the credentials in the sites shopping cart.

Once again thanks for your help.

Post edited by: ecoweb, at: 2010/09/19 21:04
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142526 by krileon
Please ensure port 80 and 443 are open as the communication OUT is failing, but you're receiving communication. It's possible something is being filtered or blocked. Are you having the same issues with a live Paypal account as apposed to a sandbox account? Am not able to duplicate your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142596 by ecoweb
I checked with the company that hosts my server and they confirmed that ports 80 and 443 are open for communication out (http and https is working on the site). They can advise me of nothing else that they believe would be blocking comms.

I have tried it on my live paypal account and the result is exactly the same - Communication Errors for PDT and IPN trying to to connect to the Paypal Gateway. No payment is showing as being processed and the user registration is not completed as there is an outstanding payment.

The Paypal payments are processed correctly on both the seller and buyer account except that on the seller account there are repeated attempts at posting an IPN as it is not receiving a response.

This is becoming critical now as my client is in usertesting and needs to test the payment process before launch.

Not sure if it is relevant but I remembered and checked and the site does have its own ssl certificate which was purchased to secure payment and some other information (before we decided to use CB Subs). Would that affect CB Subs in communicating back to Paypal?

13 years 6 months ago #142673 by krileon

Would that affect CB Subs in communicating back to Paypal?

Shouldn't. Please provide how you've configured your paypal sandbox seller account for usage with CBSubs such as IPN configure, etc.. It's very likely there's a configuration error. When specifying your web address it is very important that it is EXACTLY the address a purchase is being made from. Please see below for example.

www.example.com DOES NOT EQUAL example.com

If your IPN is for example.com and you purchase at www.example.com the IPN will fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142758 by ecoweb
Matching addresses was the first think you asked and I confirmed that they did match.

In the attached zip file are pdf print-outs of the relevant cb subs paypal gateway and paypal sandbox configuration pages with print-outs of the errors showing on my site and at paypal sandbox.

I believe I have followed precisely the configuration as specified in the CB Subs User Guide. Can you please now rule out simplistic errors, such as the name is the same?

I am happy for someone at Joomlapolis to access my Paypal Sandbox acounts and my test site to help resolve this problem.

Attachment CB_Subs_Paypal_Problem.zip not found

Attachments:

13 years 6 months ago #142760 by krileon
Please provide backend Joomla login credentials as well as your sandbox login credentials and will take a look. Unsure what the issue is directly, but maybe we can find something after having a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn