Community Builder registration redirect

14 years 1 week ago #130477 by zbolt
Hello,

I am using CB and would like to redirect people to an article or menu item after they register. What files should I change to accomplish this?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #130485 by nant
zbolt wrote:

Hello,

I am using CB and would like to redirect people to an article or menu item after they register. What files should I change to accomplish this?

Thanks

No files.

Look at the CB Login module parameters.

13 years 9 months ago #137297 by Forgiss
Replied by Forgiss on topic Re:Community Builder registration redirect
The question was actually about Redirect after registration not after log-in

I have lookied at the Log-in module, but don't see any way to do the registration redirect to something nicer (even to add a login module on the basic empty registered page)

any help?

Life is hard... and then we got computers...

13 years 9 months ago #137315 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Community Builder registration redirect
You'd need to develop a new CB plugin to accomplish this. One that users CB triggers such as onAfterUserRegistration. You would then use for example the function cbRedirect to redirect users to whichever page you'd prefer. This feature is not available out of the box, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137338 by Forgiss
Replied by Forgiss on topic Re:Community Builder registration redirect
Thank you Kyle...

I am actually amazed that for something so powerful such as CB, there is not a basic registration re-direct option.

I wish I had the skill to develop something, but alas...

Life is hard... and then we got computers...

13 years 9 months ago #137430 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Community Builder registration redirect
Developing a plugin is relatively simply as you can review the following link which features the PHP (XML still required for installation) side of the plugin.

www.allmysocials.com/component/content/article/2-community-builder/6-triggers?directory=15

At any rate if still not capable you could wait for the Incubator (more to be announced later), which features a redirect plugin allowing redirect to any URL from any trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn