[SOLVED] Two Login Forms - still

13 years 11 months ago #133415 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still
Uther wrote:

ckayfish wrote:

Dont want to see the two forms? Ensure the CB Module is not published to that page.

That wouldn't work because, under normal conditions, there would then be NO login form on the home page! Normally there is just one login form - the CB Login.

This is not correct. The login page is different than the home page. Create e menu link for the login page (place it in a menu with no published module if you dont want people to see it) ensure the CB login module is published to all pages access the login page.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133416 by Uther
Replied by Uther on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still
ckayfish wrote:

This is not correct. The login page is different than the home page. Create e menu link for the login page (place it in a menu with no published module if you dont want people to see it) ensure the CB login module is published to all pages access the login page.

But I've done all those things - as specified in the documentation. I think I'm missing the point here...

Whatever, I just need some instructions on how to get rid of the additional, persistent Joomla login form.

Uther Parx

13 years 11 months ago #133422 by ckayfish
so im clear, in your screen shot, which one are you reffering to as "the additional, persistent Joomla login form.". The one on the left or the one on the right?

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.

13 years 11 months ago #133423 by Uther
The one on the right ("Lilies Login") is the normal CB Login, generated by mod_cblogin. It works quite happily all the time and I have no problems with it.

The one on the left is the unwanted additional one which appears after a login failure or timeout. It never appears unless there is an authentication failure of some kind.

mod_login is disabled.

Uther Parx

13 years 11 months ago #133424 by ckayfish
Three post ago (4 now?) I mentioned that this is the Joomla login form that Joomla presents to you when you request restricted data. There are joomla plugin that that will redirect to the CB login form.

The thread I linked to contains details on how to modify your template to not show the com_user (Joomlas) component.

13 years 11 months ago #133438 by Uther
ckayfish wrote:

There are joomla plugin that that will redirect to the CB login form.

And I think I mentioned that I tried this and it didn't work. Perhaps I chose the wrong plugin.

To maintain your credibility, CB needs to provide its own plugin to do this. It's not fair to your users to leave them to track this down by themselves.

At the very least you could point us to some specific plugins that you have found to work.

I have decided to give up on this now - unless some kind person reading this would like to point me to a simple, specific solution that they have proven to work.

It just shouldn't be this difficult.

Uther Parx

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn