[SOLVED] Edit Items in CB Menu Plugin

14 years 1 day ago #130261 by GoremanX
[SOLVED] Edit Items in CB Menu Plugin was created by GoremanX
How do I change the items that are generated by the CB Menu plugin? Many of them (like Update User Profile) are already visible elsewhere on my site constantly and I'd like to make it smaller and more manageable. I'd also like to change its layout.

Thanks,

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/19 16:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 15 hours ago #130315 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Edit Items in CB Menu Plugin
Best approach is to use CSS to disable menu items rather then making changes to the core file responsible for generating the menu (cb.menu.php). Please see example below.

[code:1]
#menu1 {
display: none;
}
[/code:1]

Please note the above is just an example; please use Firebug for Firefox to examine your menus elements and see what Classes or IDs you need exactly to properly create the CSS necessary for hiding the element.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130513 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re:Edit Items in CB Menu Plugin
Yeah that's what I ended up doing, among other things. It's unfortunate that this menu isn't editable.

13 years 11 months ago #130588 by netark
Replied by netark on topic Re:Edit Items in CB Menu Plugin
#cbStatList2 {
}
#cbStatList3 {
}

13 years 8 months ago #139590 by kbotnen
Replied by kbotnen on topic Re:[SOLVED] Edit Items in CB Menu Plugin
There is some problem with this approach though. As menuitems css id can change.

I want to hide the "View -> View your profile" menu element, which for normal user is #menu1.

But for users who is able to edit other users detail (moderator / admin i.e) the "View -> View your profile" menu element get assigned #menu2, because the "Edit -> Edit user profile" menu element is assigned to the #menu1 css element.

Any hints on resolving this case?

-Kristian-

13 years 7 months ago #142092 by j37h3r
Replied by j37h3r on topic Re:[SOLVED] Edit Items in CB Menu Plugin
How can this thread be marked as "solved"?

Making menu items "disappear" with CSS is a bit of smoke and mirrors. Is there another solution?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn