Registration URL Request

13 years 9 months ago #134152 by Pete550
Registration URL Request was created by Pete550
Hi

is it possible to fill a text input in registration with data from a url (webrequest)?

example link to registration:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&newfield=123

i have custom user invite mails (recruit a friend)
and need to extend the registration form.

greetings

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #134248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration URL Request
Not without creating a new plugin to do it. You could use the trigger onBeforeRegisterFormDisplay and add JS or something of the sort to populate a field based on a URL parameter. More on trigger usage can be found from Tutorials within my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134280 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Registration URL Request | JS and select field
Almost in a similar situation, except for the fieldtype. My field is a select with the data already included... but i also want to get a URL param and try to pre-select the corresponding select-option.

The URL part works with jRequest(getVAR) in the template. I am currently fiddling around with the Javasript part to set the select-option value... not really my bag ;-)
I am interested in any clue or help.

by the way:
I really miss the CB selct-field feature, to have a value and a different display text!
Why is there only a value???

Pete550 wrote:

is it possible to fill a text input in registration with data from a url (webrequest)?
example link to registration:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&newfield=123

13 years 9 months ago #134361 by krileon

I really miss the CB selct-field feature, to have a value and a different display text!
Why is there only a value???

Use language strings to adjust the title. Example as follows.

Values:
[code:1]
[/code:1]

Lang Strings:
'001' => 'Test Value 1',
'002' => 'Test Value 2',
'003' => 'Test Value 3',
'004' => 'Test Value 4',
'005' => 'Test Value 5',
'006' => 'Test Value 6'

Output:
<option value="001">Test Value 1</option>
<option value="002">Test Value 2</option>
<option value="003">Test Value 3</option>
<option value="004">Test Value 4</option>
<option value="005">Test Value 5</option>
<option value="006">Test Value 6</option>

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134381 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:Registration URL Request | JS and select fiel
Oh my god ;-) Never thought of such a solution. Anyway, much appreciated.
Is it possible to have an improved select field in the future, please? I would prefer the backend and fieldmanager for this...

By the way:
I had some trouble with my Javascript and the access via the select-options IDs. Why do the CB field IDs change constantly? First i had trouble an upgrade from CB1.2.0 to 1.2.2. Accidently, i found out, that anytime you add fields, the IDs will change again?!? Is this the normal behavior?

I found an alternative way for my script, which makes me independent from the options ID, but there might be other cases, where this will not be sufficient.

Post edited by: pepperstreet, at: 2010/05/31 20:59

13 years 9 months ago #134462 by krileon

Is it possible to have an improved select field in the future, please? I would prefer the backend and fieldmanager for this...

Possibly something to address for CB 2.0, but does done this way for simplicity.

I had some trouble with my Javascript and the access via the select-options IDs. Why do the CB field IDs change constantly? First i had trouble an upgrade from CB1.2.0 to 1.2.2. Accidently, i found out, that anytime you add fields, the IDs will change again?!? Is this the normal behavior?

The field IDs within database do not change. Their order does of course, but their IDs do not. When adding a new field it of course will gain an ID incremental to the previous field but the other field IDs do not and should not change.

Please examine the _comprofiler_fields database table and observe the fieldid column for their actual ids. For a fields values you'll need to examine the database table _comprofiler_field_values.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn