Disable List All

13 years 9 months ago #136913 by MikeFrank
Disable List All was created by MikeFrank
Can someone tell me where in the code I can find the function that shows all users when submitting a blank search (if no criteria is entered, hitting submit returns all users). I understand this is by design, but I'd like to have it go to the same code that is returned when invalid criteria is entered on a search. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137049 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Disable List All
MikeFrank wrote:

Can someone tell me where in the code I can find the function that shows all users when submitting a blank search (if no criteria is entered, hitting submit returns all users). I understand this is by design, but I'd like to have it go to the same code that is returned when invalid criteria is entered on a search. Thank you.

This takes a simple edit to your CB Template file, template files are safe to edit and do not constitute core edits so can provide you the solution. Please see the following.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php
ON: Lines 311-313
[code:1]
} else {
echo '<div id="cbUserListListAll"><a class="pagenav" href="' . cbSef($this->ue_base_url) . '">' . _UE_LIST_ALL . '</a></div>';
}
[/code:1]

Simply comment out or remove the above lines.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137132 by MikeFrank
Replied by MikeFrank on topic Re:Disable List All
Unfortunately, the code change related to lines 311-313 removes the link on the search page where you can choose to list all users. The question I have is not related to that link, but rather the functionality whereby hitting "search" with no criteria entered automatically returns all users. I would like the "blank" search to be treated the same as a search which has invalid criteria entered. Please advise.

Thank you.

13 years 9 months ago #137166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Disable List All
Such a change is not possible, sorry. You'd need to make numerous core changes which aren't supported and I can not advise on. Searching with no criteria will display all users as any search feature does and is expected to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn