What r the CB fiels synchro ?

14 years 1 week ago #127123 by sunnyjey
What r the CB fiels synchro ? was created by sunnyjey

The Facebook plugin also allows you to selectively synchronize CB fields with Facebook data.

What does this means? Will this fetch data like CITY, Eduction, from Facebook and synchoronize CB fields
with this plugin?

Can you provide us screenshot of backend of this plugin?
The topic has been locked.
14 years 1 week ago #127130 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re:What r the CB fiels synchro ?
Yes they sync up with the fields in facebook with a selected field in your CB.

A small part of the backend is attached.

Post edited by: ducks_mrd, at: 2010/03/17 17:50
Attachments:
14 years 1 week ago #127204 by circsoc
Replied by circsoc on topic Re:What r the CB fiels synchro ?
does this information from my facebook profile get stored onto my site user database after it gets synced??
14 years 1 week ago #127241 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:What r the CB fiels synchro ?
circsoc wrote:

does this information from my facebook profile get stored onto my site user database after it gets synced??

Yes, it is stored in a cached XML file (you can select cache durations via parameters of the plugin); then checked and synced to users profile and stored in database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
14 years 1 week ago #127248 by circsoc
Replied by circsoc on topic Re:What r the CB fiels synchro ?
Well if you are storing information gathered from a facebook API call for more than 24 hours it is a violation of the Facebook developers terms of service that you need to agree to in order to obtain an API key. This condition is clearly stated through the facebook developer site and on section three of TOS
developers.facebook.com/policy/

The only information that you are allowed to store is information that the user enters directly to your site. If you wish to get data from facebook you need to make a new API call with the UID (which is allowed to be stored in a database)
Here is a list of allowed storable data
wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Storable_Data

Could you please explain in further detail how your new plugins adhere to the facebook terms of service? Encouraging community builder users to break these rules could possibly result in legal action or termination of facebook accounts or applications.
14 years 1 week ago #127304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:What r the CB fiels synchro ?
Yes I am aware of Facebooks data storage policy. The XML is only cached as per the Facebooks guidelines at which point becomes invalid and is re-cached as per their guideline periods (this is also controllable via the plugins cache params). Once data has been transferred from cache to database it has become the property of the site owner (Facebook can't advance their policy onto other users domains).

Facebook integration as well as Twitter integrations completely adhere to Facebooks API policy. If you feel that it does not, then do not synchronize any Facebook data to fields (data that does not fall under storage guidelines is cached by default). Fields are completely optional and you do not need to synchronize things such as "About Me" for the integration/login to work. This is purely the administrators choice and left to the site owner to decide how they wish to use the API.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/18 21:57

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn