Website design affected

14 years 1 week ago #127171 by ducks_mrd
Website design affected was created by ducks_mrd
Hi all I had a little issue when the facebook connect was published and a user was logged in. In that my website design was affected.

From the source code I noticed that after the facebook connect box it was including a closing div but not an opening one thus throwing my design out.

I narrowed this down to the login module mod_cbloging.php line 463

[code:1]
$divHtml = ( $horizontal ? '<span class="mod_logout_plugin'.$class_sfx.'">' : '<div class="mod_logout_plugin'.$class_sfx.'">' );
echo $divHtml . implode( '</div>' . $divHtml, $pluginsResults ) . '</div>';
[/code:1]

To solve this I copied and slightly altered the code that it produced when it is showing a login box found around line 722.

My new code at line 463 is now
$divHtml = ( $horizontal ? '<span' : '<div' ) . ' class="mod_logout_plugin'.$class_sfx.'">';
$sldivHtml = ( $horizontal ? '</span>' : '</div>' );
echo $divHtml . implode( $sldivHtml . $divHtml, $pluginsResults ) . $sldivHtml;

Would someone mind having a nosey at this as my problem is solved however I would hate to cause myself further problems by cutting, pasting and adapting this code.

Thanks

Mike

Post edited by: ducks_mrd, at: 2010/03/17 22:07

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #127184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Website design affected
This is a known issue with the login module. Will sticky this thread for other users who experience similar issue. Please note this ONLY happens if the module is displayed in "Horizontal" mode. Please see below for exact fix (the above should work fine).

IN: modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php
ON: Lines 462-463
$divHtml = ( $horizontal ? '<span class="mod_logout_plugin'.$class_sfx.'">' : '<div class="mod_logout_plugin'.$class_sfx.'">' );
echo $divHtml . implode( '</div>' . $divHtml, $pluginsResults ) . '</div>';
TO:
$divHtmlEnd = ( $horizontal ? '</span>' : '</div>' );
echo $divHtml . implode( $divHtmlEnd . $divHtml, $pluginsResults ) . $divHtmlEnd;

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/18 02:20

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130428 by fefo86
Replied by fefo86 on topic Re:Website design affected
I've still that problem. I've changed that code lines but the result is the same: white page with only 2 text fields or, if I'm logged, the white page with the "Ciao Admin" greeting (i'm italian). And this only if the fb plugin is published. Help me!!! I need that component, I think this situation is incredible: a so expensive plugin doesn't function!

13 years 11 months ago #130451 by krileon
The above fix is how you resolve the template issue; you've likely applied the fix incorrectly. Please ensure you've properly performed the edit. You can confirm it is the same issue as illustrated in this thread by changing login module display from horizontal to vertical. This is also an issue with the CB Login module; not the Facebook Plugin. We missed a minor bug in our review of CB Login before release (fixed for next CB release).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/16 21:17

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130774 by fefo86
Replied by fefo86 on topic Re:Website design affected
I'm sure about the correctness of the way trough which I've applied the fix. The strange fact is that if really was that the issue, the problem of the blank screen should occur also in the case in which is published the twitter connect. Instead, when the fb connect is off the twitter connect button is shown without problems, when the fb connect is on....empty page!!! I'd like to know if the problem is inside my brain...

13 years 11 months ago #130783 by krileon
Please upgrade FBC to RC3 and confirm if issue is still present. If so please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look when time permits.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn