Connect URL

14 years 1 month ago #127188 by mrfully
Connect URL was created by mrfully
Hello,

I just installed the plugin and read the documentation. I followed all the steps and received this error:

Invalid Argument

The Facebook Connect cross-domain receiver URL (fullyequippedent.com/?fbc_channel=1#fname=_opener&%7B%22t%22%3A3%2C%22h%22%3A%22fbCancelLogin%22%2C%22sid%22%3A%220.528%22%7D) must have the application's Connect URL (www.example.com/makeyourownhere/) as a prefix. You can configure the Connect URL in the Application Settings Editor.

I checked the connect URL to make sure I didn't miss the slash or type it wrong but it is correct.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Connect URL
Please ensure you have configured Connect URL on Facebook for your application. If already configured it's possible you need to wait up to 24 hours as sometimes it takes Facebook awhile to populate all their servers with your applications settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127341 by circsoc
Replied by circsoc on topic Re:Connect URL
I think that you may have to start the connect URL with http://www. from your post it looks like it starts with fullyequippedent.com instead of www.fullyequippedent.com try changing it and please let me know if this works.

14 years 1 month ago #127345 by mrfully
Replied by mrfully on topic Re:Connect URL
ok...so now here is my next problems.

1. I set the connect type in my parameters to Linking Only as I still want my users to complete my registration process and to than link after. I also set up the Display Unlink to CB Menu and Login.
When I go to my profile I do not see any link or unlink button for the users to select.

2. If I am logged in already I can link my account however if I am not logged into my website I continue to get that error I posted before.

3. If I am on the user profile page I can connect but if I am on my home page it brings up the error again. Not sure if it is conflicting with any flash I have running etc.

4. Once I link I can't seem to unlink. I have to log out and log back in.

Thanks or your help,
Charles

14 years 1 month ago #127428 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Connect URL

1. I set the connect type in my parameters to Linking Only as I still want my users to complete my registration process and to than link after. I also set up the Display Unlink to CB Menu and Login.
When I go to my profile I do not see any link or unlink button for the users to select.

Because your application is not configured correctly. Please refer to the documentation for exact configuration procedure; please do not tamper with any other configuration settings of the application unless you're absolutely sure you know as to what you're doing.

2. If I am logged in already I can link my account however if I am not logged into my website I continue to get that error I posted before.

Please see above quote reply.

3. If I am on the user profile page I can connect but if I am on my home page it brings up the error again. Not sure if it is conflicting with any flash I have running etc.

It's possible there is a conflict, please try with default Joomla template.

4. Once I link I can't seem to unlink. I have to log out and log back in.

Logging out does not unlink, but this would imply a JS conflict as Unlinking button uses JS.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/19 19:15

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn