After Unlink facebook sync warning showing

14 years 1 month ago #127322 by ducks_mrd
Hi All,

I noticed that when a user had clicked on unlink, on the profile edit screen of the frontend and admin it still shows a little facebook logo with a warning saying they should update this information on facebook.

This I think will be a little confusing to the user seen as they have clicked on unlink.

On looking at the profile I found that on unlinking the fb_userid is set to zero and the fb_previous_userid is then set.
The problem then is that on line 88 of cbcb.faebookconnect.php it reads
[code:1]if ( isset( $user->fb_userid ) ) {[/code:1]
This then shows the logo and warning as the field is set but to zero.

I tried to on unlinking set the field to NULL, '', null & 'NULL' (line 826) but it would not take a NULL value so I accepted this and changed line 88 to
[code:1]if ( isset( $user->fb_userid ) && $user->fb_userid>0 ) {[/code:1]
Is there anyway to set to NULL to stop the logo and warning showing as NULL I guess is better than a table full of zeros.

Also having looked at the twitter connect the code is the same so I guess it will also show the logo and warning when it is not needed. However I have not had a look at the twitter connect fully yet.

Last question is why are we keeping the facebook id of a user who does not want their profiles linked?
Is this not unnecessary information? In the UK we have data protection laws which while I am no expert do have a bit to say about keeping information for longer than necessary.

To solve this unnecessary info issue on line 828 could I not send a NULL value and if not a zero value?
[code:1]$user->fb_previous_userid = 0;[/code:1]
I tried it and I can unlink and relink but I thought I best check if I was just causing problem for myself in the future.

Thank you to all of the joomlapolis team for all of your continued work, and thank you for your help with my questions.

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:After Unlink facebook sync warning showing
Thank you for your contribution. Fix applied for next release. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127724 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re:After Unlink facebook sync warning showing
Hi Krileon

Thanks for that.

I am just wondering about my second question in my last post is it possible to send a NULL value and not retain the facebook id as I can't seem to get it to work.

Last question is why are we keeping the facebook id of a user who does not want their profiles linked?
Is this not unnecessary information? In the UK we have data protection laws which while I am no expert do have a bit to say about keeping information for longer than necessary.

To solve this unnecessary info issue on line 828 could I not send a NULL value and if not a zero value?
[code:1] $user->fb_previous_userid = 0;[/code:1]
I tried it and I can unlink and relink but I thought I best check if I was just causing problem for myself in the future.

Thanks

Mike

14 years 1 month ago #127797 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:After Unlink facebook sync warning showing
Yes you can change the 0 to a null if you like, but to PHP 0 and null are one in the same (unless === is used of course).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn