[SOLVED] require user to choose email at login

14 years 1 month ago #128902 by nfernandez
I was just visiting a site and decided to use their facebook connect to login (since i use that now on my site) and something interesting came up. After putting in my facebook info, I then got a screen that said "Giant Bomb requires your email address. Allow Giant Bomb to contact me at:" then it gave my facebook login email. it gave me the option to either use my facebook email or use a fake email (like the one they get when logging in with community builder FB connect). I attached an image so everyone can see what i am talking about. Is there anyway to set the FB connect to do this? I wasn't sure if it was a coding thing on the other website that made it happen or if this was an actual option. The reason this would be so nice for me is i use virtuemart and when a person signs in with facebook and is given a fake email, if they don't know to change their email i have no way of contacting them about their purchase.

Post edited by: nfernandez, at: 2010/04/01 16:56

Post edited by: nfernandez, at: 2010/04/01 17:05

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/12 14:49
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #128938 by nfernandez
Replied by nfernandez on topic Re:require user to choose email at login
I am not a developer but I think it looks like additional coding. Could you tell me if this is even possible? On the developer site they say to do the following:

Using require_login with the Server Side API
If you are using the PHP client with a canvas application or Facebook Connect site, you need to pass the required_permissions parameter to require_login.

$fb = new Facebook('[API KEY]', '[APP SECRET]');
$fb->require_login($required_permissions = 'email,read_stream');

Then

Once the user grants your application or site the email permission, use fql.query or fql.multiquery to get the user's email address. Query the email field in the user FQL table.

$query = "SELECT email FROM user WHERE uid="$uid";
$result = $facebook->api_client->fql_query($query);

Any of this possible? I am willing to do the work myself i would just need to know what files need to be updated.

Thanks

14 years 1 month ago #128940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:require user to choose email at login
Yes it's possible to ask for a users permission to use their actual email address; no this is currently not implemented. We are reviewing of ways to accomplish such methods without an obtrusive pop-up. You may edit the plugin as you see fit to meet your needs, but we can not assist with core edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #128946 by nfernandez
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there any possible way you can tell me what files need to be edited? Like i said, i am very willing to do the work and even risk "breaking" my plug in. But reading the below doesn't tell me (not real versed in programming, but know a little) what exact files need to be updated. The other question i would have is are you using the PHP client or a JavaScript client? Depending on the one you use will determine what code i need to use. Thanks again.

14 years 1 month ago #128979 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:require user to choose email at login
nfernandez wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there any possible way you can tell me what files need to be edited? Like i said, i am very willing to do the work and even risk "breaking" my plug in. But reading the below doesn't tell me (not real versed in programming, but know a little) what exact files need to be updated. The other question i would have is are you using the PHP client or a JavaScript client? Depending on the one you use will determine what code i need to use. Thanks again.

I can not advise you on this matter, sorry. Facebook Connect only has 1 main PHP file. That would be the file you need to edit. Please keep in mind there are a large number of security checks to ensure you have no invalid intruders or abusers of the API as Facebook is quite strict on their policies, please be careful when making additions/edits.

We use all 3 API: restful (PHP or via CBSnoopy), javascript (primarily for connect button), and XFBML (library is loaded, but atm unused for any features). So you may use either one you see fit. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #128982 by nfernandez
Thanks! I will see what i can do.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn