FB Connect Bug: Username & Password

13 years 4 months ago #147398 by jroseland1985
FB Connect Bug: Username & Password was created by jroseland1985
I have FB Connect Login set up on my website www.ChooseMyAdventures.com. The problem I am having is that when I click the FB Login button the permissions button pops up, I say yes, but then it says

"Please complete the username and password fields." in a blue box at the top of the screen.

It does not allow me to login w/my FB account. Also if I login using my email & password as a super admin & click the FB connect button it says

"Facebook ID already in use or account mismatch!" in a red box at the top of screen

I've tried troubleshooting by turning on & off the Username & password required fields during login & it dosen't make any difference. I also tried reinstalling the pluggin... No change.

This is also unusual b/c I've got FB connect installed at my other website www.Zortreport.com with the same CB settings & it works fine. I'm not sure what the difference is...

Please let me know what the issue is here so I can fix it.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147436 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:FB Connect Bug: Username & Password
Seams your Facebook ID was attached to an invalid user. Please check the users in User Management to ensure you don't have a Facebook user as the ID is being used by someone. A fatal error could've happened during the login process from a 3rd party conflict causing problems with the registration or could be out of sync users.

Please check that you're using FBC 1.1 and CB 1.3.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/01 14:47

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148401 by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
Replied by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com on topic Re:FB Connect Bug: Username & Password
I have the exact same problem!

How can I check this ID problem?

Thanks,

13 years 4 months ago #148568 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:FB Connect Bug: Username & Password
paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com wrote:

I have the exact same problem!

How can I check this ID problem?

Thanks,

Logout of CB on frontend, click the FBC login, you should then be logged into the user the ID belongs to. You can not synchronize your Facebook ID to an existing Joomla account if the ID is already attached to another account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn