[SOLVED] Facebook user failed to initiate

13 years 1 month ago #155879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate
Have been looking into this issue and seams ongoing with developers experiencing similar results with Facebooks new graph API failing. Will be reviewing possible upgrade to the PHP library we use to hopefully see if some of these issues can be addressed to prevent API calls from failing. Please note I have yet to duplicate this issue in a test environment, it is vital that the Facebook Application used for FBC is configured EXACTLY and no more then as instructed by documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156856 by Systemfox
Replied by Systemfox on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate
Hi, I have installed the fb connect plugin on my testsite, and got the same result as the guy in the other thread here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/117-facebook-connect/155721-visitors-login-like-admin-with-cb-facebook

Also tried to login to his site: www.drajna.ro

I was successfully logged in with my own Facebook account, but no local account created, but instead I logged into somebody's profile !!! (user Invitat, i think that is an admin user !). I could even change his local password !

Is not that a kind of security risk ?

ps. I have tried it with FF 3.6 and Chrome 10

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157414 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate

I was successfully logged in with my own Facebook account, but no local account created, but instead I logged into somebody's profile !!! (user Invitat, i think that is an admin user !). I could even change his local password !

It is literally impossible for FBC to login to some random users CB account, ever. You linked your Facebook account to that CB account by logging in with FBC while logged in to CB. This will link the two accounts. Another way is if you manually input the Facebook ID in backend when editing the user. Aside from this it's impossible for this to happen.

Failed to initiate issue is resolved with next release. It was a bug on Facebooks end through their PHP API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157796 by Systemfox
Replied by Systemfox on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate
Thanks for the answer, you are right, sorry !

12 years 9 months ago #167510 by chrise012
Replied by chrise012 on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate
Krileon,

This is supposed to be fixed in CB Facebook Connect 1.4, correct? Why do I still have the problem. I have been doing a lot of reading. I am surprised that this plugin is so sensitive to the FB configuration. Why is that? Are there plans to make it more robust?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn